New Release from Sig Sauer Electro Optics

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to read the reviews from unbiased testers on snipershide and other forums.

I am also interested in how I can do better with my reviews.

Don't be shy about letting me know your opinions in the discussion threads. There is a discussion thread for each feature review. I take this stuff seriously, and look forward to your feedback.

I would like to hear why you think our reviews are biased?

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

That OP looks like marketing material from the Mfr...is that supposed to be a first-person objective review? It doesn't look or read like one. I figured it was a copy & paste from the Mfr website. There are all kinds unanswered questions that a real sniper would address, especially how well the system adjusts for things like wind, air density, temperature, altitude, barometric pressure, humidity, etc. If a guy who can consistently punch cloverleaves at 800 yards says it's equal to well developed skill, then yes, I consider that to be a better review, especially when/if they share the strengths and weaknesses of the system. I just don't see that kinda detail here. Where are the photos of paper target groups and data book records? Real world testing with actual ballistics and conditions data from someone who is not concerned about advertising or site sponsorship or reviewer reputation. A pure review from "a nobody" who is as skeptical as I am that wants to find the flaws. That's what I'm hoping for. Does this adequately answer your question?

Last edited:
Bruce,

It’s a product introduction thread, not a review.

That's what i thought but then I was asked "I would like to hear why you think our reviews are biased?" That threw me. Is there another thread with product reviews here that I haven't read or is this new scope system largely untested by average and above-average Joe?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
That's what i thought but then I was asked "I would like to hear why you think our reviews are biased?" That threw me. Is there another thread with product reviews here that I haven't read or is this new scope system largely untested by average and above-average Joe?

This product was just announced, and is not available yet. That is the reason for this thread. As in "Cool new stuff coming from Sig."

You can find actual full Rokslide optics reviews here:

Optics Archives - Rokslide

This product was just announced, and is not available yet. That is the reason for this thread. As in "Cool new stuff coming from Sig."

You can find actual full Rokslide optics reviews here:

Optics Archives - Rokslide

Thanks for the link. For the record, the reviews I have read from you RS guys have lead to the loss of tens of thousands of dollars over the years...but at least I have far better gear now. <g> I still weigh the opinions of your reviews against those of the average Joe because, as an offical gear-ho with OCD, I tend to over-investigate and over-analyze everything. I think i have purchased gear from every single rokslider on this site at one time or another. LOL

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The issue was this post:

Can't wait to read the reviews from unbiased testers on snipershide and other forums.

It sounds like you are saying Rokslide has biased testers, and snipershide and other forums don't.

AFAIK, this product hasn't been independently tested yet, here or elsewhere.

mtmuley

WKR
Bet there's restrictions coming for hunting use with stuff like this. Cool? Yeah. Not for me though. mtmuley

Had no idea you guys were so sensitive. This was in no way a statement about RS or any of it's writers. Just a fact. I do wanna read reviews from unbiased reviewers on a variety of sites...especially those where the primary focus is firearms. I guess there aren't any yet. That's all...wasn't even thinking about you when I posted it.

I agree with mtmuley and will give odds California restricts this scope first.

MtnMuley

WKR
Surprised to see Sig was the first company to unveil their Bluetooth scope/rf combo. I know of another company who's been working on this for quite a while now.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Had no idea you guys were so sensitive. This was in no way a statement about RS or any of it's writers. Just a fact. I do wanna read reviews from unbiased reviewers on a variety of sites...especially those where the primary focus is firearms. I guess there aren't any yet. That's all...wasn't even thinking about you when I posted it.

I agree with mtmuley and will give odds California restricts this scope first.
I don't think any of the Rokstaff are sensitive at all Bruce. You clearly didn't comprehend what the original post was about and then you made a comment that could only be taken to mean the Rokslide reviews are biased.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think any of the Rokstaff are sensitive at all Bruce. You clearly didn't comprehend what the original post was about and then you made a comment that could only be taken to mean the Rokslide reviews are biased.

Speak for yourself, I have been crying in a corner since His comment.

Live2hunt custom shelters

sneaky

"DADDY"
It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well being that I wrote it and interpreted the OP correctly, you can believe me when I inform you that your opinion is 180 degrees off. There was no RS review to criticize. I do look forward to reviews on this product though, including yours.