New Release from Sig Sauer Electro Optics

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Sig-Sauer.jpg

SIG SAUER® Electro-Optics Transforms Hunting with the launch of BDX™
Newington, N.H. (May 4, 2018) – The SIG SAUER Electro-Optics division today unveiled their all new Ballistic Data Xchange (BDX) rangefinders and riflescopes with integrated Applied Ballistics® and wireless Bluetooth® technology. This groundbreaking BDX technology enables interoperability and key ballistic holdover information to be exchanged wirelessly between SIG SAUER BDX Electro-Optics products. The foundation of the BDX system was designed for simplicity and ease of use. SIG SAUER BDX requires no new learning, and uses the same tools hunters and shooters have been using for years.

Sig-BDX.jpg

How does BDX work? The BDX rangefinder and riflescope system is simple, fast, and intuitive. Simply download the “SIG BDX” app available for Android or iOS smartphones, pair the KILO BDX rangefinder and SIERRA3BDX riflescope, set up a basic ballistic profile, and then you’re ready to shoot or hunt. Once you are in the field, range your target as you normally would, and the KILO BDX rangefinder will utilize onboard Applied Ballistics Ultralight™ to instantly send your dope to the scope via Bluetooth. Using your basic ballistic profile the ballistic solution is calculated for your target and will instantly illuminate on the BDX-R1 Digital Ballistic Reticle with windage and elevation holds in the SIERRA3BDX riflescope. A blue LED on the riflescope power selector indicates that the BDX system is paired, and when the reticle has received new ballistic holdover and windage data from the rangefinder.

“Rangefinding riflescopes of the past have had two major shortcomings: they are either big, boxy and heavy, or extremely expensive,” said Andy York, president, SIG SAUER Electro-Optics. “The revolutionary and affordable BDX system packs advanced ballistics technology into a simple platform that looks just like the rangefinder and riflescope that every hunter is using today. It is extremely simple to use; range a target, put the digital ballistic holdover dot on target, pull the trigger, impact. Incredibly accurate and extremely simple, just connect the dot.”
The BDX family of rangefinders includes: KILO1400BDX, KILO1800BDX, KILO2200BDX, KILO2400BDX, and KILO3000BDX rangefinder binocular. These rangefinders include many of the legacy features that the KILO name was built on: Lightwave DSP™ digital rangefinder engine, Hyperscan™ with 4 times per second scan rate, RangeLock™, and the Lumatic™ auto-adjusting display.

Available in 3.5-10x42mm, 4.5-14x44mm, 4.5-14x50mm, and 6.5-20x52mm, the SIERRA3BDX riflescopes have the look, feel, weight, and size of traditional riflescopes. They feature HD glass for superior resolution and optical clarity, 30mm main tubes, side-focus parallax adjustments, and the LevelPlex™ digital anti-cant system. The BDX-R1 Digital Ballistic Reticle is the evolution of holdover, providing a ballistic solution out to 800 yards with 1 MOA of accuracy.
Rounding out these superior features is SIG SAUER’s kinetic energy transfer indicator: KinETHIC™. KinETHIC provides assistance in assuring an ethical hunt by indicating when energy on target drops below a threshold that can be set by the hunter using the BDX App.

“Ethics in hunting are a contract we make with ourselves based on the standards we as sportsmen adhere to as a group, what we feel good about personally, and respect for the game and our hunting traditions,” said Andy York president, SIG SAUER Electro-Optics. “KinETHIC is a feature that asks the hunter to make an educated and ethical decision beforehand by taking into consideration what the velocity and energy capabilities of your bullet and load are to deliver a killing shot. It then lets you know if the shot you are about to take will fulfill this contract. If not, it provides a visual affirmation to stalk-in closer. Knowing your maximum effective hunting range is more than just knowing what you can hit.”

KILO BDX Rangefinders starting at $299.99 MSRP
SIERRA3BDX Riflescopes starting at $599.99 MSRP

Available at dealers July, 2018.

All SIG SAUER Electro-Optics are covered by the SIG SAUER INFINITE GUARANTEE™, and electronic components under our LIMITED 5-YEAR warranty. Please see sigsauer.com for full details.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Seems awful cheap for that level of complexity..
Maybe not. It's bluetooth, that tech is in everything. Write an app, that's cheap, tooth it over to the scope. I'm sure with their production capacity that that helps. A small company would charge a fortune for this... like Revic does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy crapp that's cool Yeah I know technology isnt not everything but for someone like me that is ballisticly challenge that's pretty awesome

Live2hunt custom shelters

Doesn’t Burris have something out like this? Hmmm, not sure this would be for me, but I think it looks cool and is nice to have options.

A rokslide review may be in order....

Maybe not. It's bluetooth, that tech is in everything. Write an app, that's cheap, tooth it over to the scope. I'm sure with their production capacity that that helps. A small company would charge a fortune for this... like Revic does.

I'm not necessarily saying it has to cost that much more to build, but compare what they charge for the ABS 2400 vs the 2200 range finder.

That and there are very few scopes I would trust to mechanically track and hold zero for $600 but we're supposed to trust the electronics in these to hold up?

Not saying they can't or wont, just cautious. Very intriguing products either way!

Last edited:
I expected about triple the price I'm seeing for this. Wonder if this is a whiskey 3 with electronics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My friend Craig from Sig just sent me this success photo from his recent trip to Africa. He says this system works awesome!

50e6aceb719e10b68878463aadcba8e0.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can't wait to read the reviews from unbiased testers on snipershide and other forums.

The reviews will be interesting, but it's from SIG, I seriously doubt it will disappoint. This isn't new tech. But the price sure is; there's been nothing close to this affordable, even as a package of the BDX and a AB scope.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I expected about triple the price I'm seeing for this. Wonder if this is a whiskey 3 with electronics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's what I've heard so far from Sig.

"New scope. Mix of W3, W5. Glass HD like tango4"

I'm waiting for a price list for all the models.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Bias is a tough thing to evaluate. I've not read nearly all the reviews put up by rokslide but I've never gotten the impression that the negatives of reviewed products are being ignored or brushed under the rug.

I've never seen you guys trash a product like an average poster might if they paid full price and had no industry friendships or future interest in being provided products to review might but that's expected. If you did trash a handful of products you'd probably receive a lot less and we'd have less reviews.

sneaky

"DADDY"
X3 I just didn't want to be the first to say it.

Live2hunt custom shelters
It's not the first time he's called out members or reviewers on here. I got a PM from you the last time I said something to him lol. I'm waiting to here what his reasoning is on it, then you guys can address it.