Vortex China vs Japanese models

Has anyone noticed a difference really? I was able to use some new razors (China) and I thought they were great. Liked them better than my Mavens. I know China typically means “cheap” but has anyone really seen anything wrong with theses models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PredatorX

WKR
Which Mavens are you comparing these to?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When vortex switched from Japan to Chinese there was a drop in quality control imo.

I agree with this. I was going to buy a 65mm Razor when they were making the switch. I didn't realize they were doing it until I went and looked at them. I saw the made in China label and put it back down. Vortex clamed the equipment and materials were all the same, something has to give..

OP
R
When vortex switched from Japan to Chinese there was a drop in quality control imo.

I understand everyone says this but what qualities did you see drop? Is the glass less quality? The build? I just want to make sure people aren’t speculating a drop in quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Over all quality went down especially in the build department. That's when you started seeing a lot of guys having to send their optics in to get fixed for simple things like eyecups breaking or lenses mis aligning. I like vortex a lot and I still have the Japanese razor binos as a backup. I also use to have the razor 65 spotter and loved it too till I upgraded. I never had issues with either one. I just recently got the Chinese 50mm razor, I'll let you know how it holds up.

Beendare

WKR
Japanese optics are arguably some of the best in the world.....now specifics of the models you mentioned , I dunno.

IME, Vortex is a great company but not in the top tier optics wise.

PLO5

WKR
very surprised you liked razors vs maven b2 9x45. I have seen a couple razors with hairs inside the chambers and one pair with a outer lens that wasn't even put flat at the factory.