Rangefinder comparison.

freebird

WKR
Between the Sig 2400 and the Leica 2700. The Leica being more affordable. Has anyone compared the two?

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Between the Sig 2400 and the Leica 2700. The Leica being more affordable. Has anyone compared the two?

Freebird,

I have the 2700, I posted a review on here a month or so ago you can check out. Long and short, if you are talking about the 2400 ABS, that is a different animal in some sense because it includes the full suite of ABS software. So it's way more expensive, but akin to having a 2700 and a Kestrel Elite.

It really depends what you plan to do and shoot, so I can't say too much. While I have spent a fair amount of time with the 2400, it was only in limited faschion with the Sig folks, which means I can't tell you how it will do head to head with the 2700 under demanding conditions.

I think both are probably on par in terms of ranging performance. Glass on the Leica is a lot better to my eye. From there, you are getting into use profiles and workflows....ie what are looking to do with it (archery, hunting, PRS, etc.)...and how do you like to work.

Have a look at my 2700 review if you want to know more how the 2700 does,, and there is a 2400 review here on Rokslide as well.

One other consideration, though it has only just been announced, the new 2400 BRX appears to have what I consider to be the best workflow around. You might want to add that one into your consideration,. It comes available in June, IIRC, so you would be a beta tester, never fun. But it looks well thought out.

HTH.

I’ve been considering the 2700. But really because I have a weather meter already. With the 2700 can you load a ballistics profile onto a micro sd card for each rifle, then swap them out when you change guns? I like the idea of it giving my clicks, and don’t mind swapping cards out because that should be quick, but don’t want to have to remember to change a bunch of ballistics stuff before a hunt. Popping in a dedicated memory card to each rifle would be ok.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

The Leica 2700B. It is the fastest and most accurate range finder there is on the market. I personally used to have sig and then got the Leica and there is no comparison between the two. The Leica is just way better in my opinion. Also you can add in your ballistics with the 2700B

J8tnub

FNG
The SIG will output a ballistic solution at any range. I believe Leica caps theirs at 800 yards.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
The SIG will output a ballistic solution at any range. I believe Leica caps theirs at 800 yards.

As previously mentioned by Scott, the Leica does take a card for you to input your custom curve. When used with the card, the cap moves to 1000 yards. The reason there is a cap is that at this time, Leica ballistics operate like the new AB lite...no coriolis or aero jump etc. For this reason, Leica (and sig on the new bdx line) limit their ballistic returns.

The Sig 2400 ABM uses the full AB suite, so they have no limitation. But that is in another price class entirely....about the same cost as a 2700 and a kestrel.