Maven B2 11x45

I did some searching on here and couldn't really find much for reviews on these. A little on Google and a few people I know have said they like them.

I've been rocking a pair of old school Vortex Razors in 10x42 for the last decade. They've been great but they are out dated.

I was planning on holding out for a pair of Swaro EL's but the family needs new whip and I'm planning on getting my carpel tunnel fixed this winter.

Not really a huge Vortex fan anymore after a bad rifle scope.

But the Mavens seem to hold their own from what I've heard.

Obviously you can't compare them to Swarovski, and it annoys me when guys compare 1000 dollar glass to glass that's over twice as expensive.

But would these be a good way to go?
I don't run a spotter so that 11x seems about right since I can't get the 12x50 EL's.

Then how are their smaller compact binos? My main mountain spot is so thick binos are just about useless. I was thinking about getting a pair of 8x32's or something.

Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Elkangle

WKR
I've been using the 11x45s all winter rite up next the swaro slc hds....while the swaros are nice the mavens are pretty dang nice too....I'd hate to choose one over the other.

I'd buy some used b2s and then take the extra money and buy a nice tripod to go with it

PLO5

WKR
Their 9x45 b2 is their best piece imo. I like it better then the 11’s because it’s hard to focus the 11’s and keep them in their sweet spot. Both sizes are much better then razors imo. The b3 8x30’s are great for the money. Demo both pairs at the same time and then you only get charged once for the 15$ postage. Sadly nothing beats out el 12x50’s....

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
One of our staffers, Josh Boyd, is running and reviewing a pair of 11’s right now. Here’s his IG if you want to follow him directly as he’ll link the Rokslide post when it’s up. But be ready, he’s a Leica guy so they’ll probably be some comparisons.
7254e54fdf4fdc664ecf0846b74bb537.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freebird

WKR
My Maven B2 9X45's were closer to $1200 with a custom finish. If you listened to Ryan and Brendon, podcast #24. Because its factory direct the Maven would sell for considerably more at a retail shop. I searched long and hard before I got mine, checked out swarovski's, Zeiss, Leupold, Meopta and Leica. What really sold me on Maven is I was able to check them out at the Boise sportsman show. My next binocular purchase with be the B4 in the 15 power and then maybe replace my Kowa spotting scope for a Maven as well. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with Maven glass. For me they were the best option. I invite anyone in the Boise area to come check out my B2's, I would meet them up at a place called TableRock and put them on a tripod and they can check them out under natural conditions. I don't work for Maven nor am I supported in any way. I feel they have a quality product and stand behind them 100%

Gonewest

WKR
Just last week my hunting partner demoed the B2 9s and 11s plus the C1 10s. I brought my Meopta Meostar 10x42 over and we sat and compared them along with some zen ray Edll, diamondbacks and crossfires.

By no means am I an optics expert but can be fairly fussy with my gear.

If you are for sure going Mavens I would go with the 9’s over the 11’s with out a doubt. I’m a guy that always thinks I need more power so I went into this thinking I would prefer the 11’s. Unless you have both pairs to be able the switch between it’s really hard to notice the difference in magnification. The 9’s are really nice.

Meopta vs Maven is really close. I personally prefer the ergonomics of the Meopta more. But that’s just me. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJC

FNG
I should have a pair of 11’s on my door step on Friday, really looking forward to the first initial testings