EL 8x32 One Handed

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
There's so much good information on these forums so I hope with all the reading and searching before posting my question I didn't miss it.
My question is for guys who have experience stalking (particularly with a bow) where only one hand is free to use optics inside about 200 yards. For instance, while closing in on a bedded buck needing to remain quiet and move slowly - bow in one hand and needing to pull the binos out of a chest harness or raise to my eyes off a neck strap with the other. I am looking to add a smaller pair of 8x binoculars and I'm looking at the Swaro el 8x32 SV. Everything I've read regarding the newer version with the SwaroVision tells me they're spectacular and if I can save up the cash I'm leaning towards them - if they're a good fit for what I need them to do. The other thing I want to use them for is for tripod mounting glassing. I already have a top tier pair of 12s and a quality tripod/head so their primary use will be handheld, initial scans, and quick looks out of a chest harness while on the move and in the situation described above. I would like to use the 8s out of a chest harness and the 12s off the tripod primarily. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thanks!

dan

PLO5

WKR
You will love the 8’s. I’ve never seen better glass then el 8x32 and el 12x50 personally. On a tripod the 8 power are unbelievably clear and off hand you can hold them steady enough that you can make out fine details and colors pop with these things! Plus they only weigh 20 ounces and have a huge field of view! Very slight heat distortion even on hot days like the larger el’s ive looked through as well.

I love my Leica Ultravid 8x32 (19 ounces, non-HD, from 2005) and I am a bowhunter. The size is great for carrying elk hunting, deer hunting, etc. I don't one hand them too much, but often rest them on the bow in the Kifaru Gunbearer. They don't go sheep hunting or where I am glassing at long range most of the time...the SV 10x42ELs get that duty. Bet you'd love the SV8x32 paired with your big Swaros.

Outdoorsmans

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
rgtemple, the EL 8x32 is one of our favorite pieces of glass that Swaro makes. They are super compact lightweight and clear. In stalking situations they are extremely hard to beat due to their open bridge design carrying them one handed is a breeze. The real fun is when you mount them on a tripod and glass tight canyons. The FOV is truly spectacular and they will amaze you with how versatile they are.

Broomd

WKR
Swarovision 8X32s.....Best "If I had to have only one pair" glass made, imho.
Insanely lgiht, bright, crisp...amazing glass.

wyosteve

WKR
I recently picked up a set of 8x30 CL's and for that price point they are excellent.

I picked up a pair of 8x32s a few seasons ago and I instantly fell in love. Being able to glass one handed is something I really enjoy when I need to take a quick peek at something. I have spent hundreds of hours behind the binos and simply love them. I have the original 8x32 EL but if the opportunity ever presents itself to upgrade to a SV set I will do it.

OP
D

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of 8x32s a few seasons ago and I instantly fell in love. Being able to glass one handed is something I really enjoy when I need to take a quick peek at something. I have spent hundreds of hours behind the binos and simply love them. I have the original 8x32 EL but if the opportunity ever presents itself to upgrade to a SV set I will do it.

Thanks for the input fellas. Browninglover1, do you also spend a lot of time behind them while mounted on a tripod? I'm very close to deciding on them but am still considering the 8.5x42s because I want to be able to use them for both, especially when I'm within 400 or 500 yards where the FoV would be very beneficial (occasionally used in place of my 12s). However the extra cost plus the fact that I already have 12s seems like the 8x32s SV might suit me better. I'm starting to feel like I"m splitting hairs between the two. Thanks again.

dan

Thanks for the input fellas. Browninglover1, do you also spend a lot of time behind them while mounted on a tripod? I'm very close to deciding on them but am still considering the 8.5x42s because I want to be able to use them for both, especially when I'm within 400 or 500 yards where the FoV would be very beneficial (occasionally used in place of my 12s). However the extra cost plus the fact that I already have 12s seems like the 8x32s SV might suit me better. I'm starting to feel like I"m splitting hairs between the two. Thanks again.

dan

The huge FOV is awesome in the 8x32. I do not have a tripod mount for the binos but often rest them on top of my spotting scope to help steady the glass; I plan on getting them properly placed on a tripod this year. The 8x32 would be an excellent "small" bino to add to your arsenal if you already have some 12x.

OP
D

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a set of EL 8x32s off the forums (great dealing with awesome forum members) and got them yesterday. I was shocked how light they are. I wanted a set that will allow me to one-hand them comfortably while within about 150 yards but still be well suited for glassing off a tripod. I'm blown away from my initial impressions. Really looking forward to putting them to use once I get out and scout with them, and if I get lucky I'll be using them in on hunts in both Idaho and Arizona.

PredatorX

WKR
This is exactly why i think the 8x32 ELS, a 12x50 or 15x56 and spotter is the ultimate combo.