Cabelas Euro 82HD vs Swaro ATM 80HD

Hey Guys,

What are your thoughts between these two spotters? I like the weight of the ATM for an 80mm scope, but the Euro seems to have a bit more contrast while viewing. The Swaro will probably hold its value better, and with Cabelas being bought out how will their warranty be affected? If anyone has experience with these two scopes side by side, please fill me in..

Thanks

Cabelas warranty sucks. Keep an eye on that. Call and ask the warranty department what is covered. They investigate and seem quick to claim damage resulted from the user after speaking with them, though I don't have firsthand experience of making a claim. I think Swarovski has a good warranty from other members I've heard discuss it. Warranty matters to me.

Is the warranty on that scope covered by Cabela's or Meopta?

I was told it was covered by Cabela's "Lifetime" warranty(even with the BassPro deal), but you need to send it back to Cabela's so they can send it in to Meopta if you run in to any issues. Never had to test the warranty so hopefully someone that has used it can chime in.

Gonewest

WKR
I called Meopta about the warranty on Cabelas euros. They told me that they don’t warranty cabelas products. It needs to go through Cabelas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you are using the wide-angle eyepieces on both scopes when comparing them. The Meopta does have a better range at 30-60x compared to the 25-50x on the Swaro. I have compared my ATM 65 to my friend's Meopta 82, and they are both amazing spotters. If you are more concerned with ounces, warranty, and long-term value, go with the Swarovski. If you are more concerned with up-front cost and magnification, the Meopta wins. Both scopes are pretty equal optically (to my eyes at least) so it's hard to go wrong with either scope.

OP
R
If you are more concerned with ounces, warranty, and long-term value, go with the Swarovski. If you are more concerned with up-front cost and magnification, the Meopta wins. Both scopes are pretty equal optically (to my eyes at least) so it's hard to go wrong with either scope.
This is a great summary, thanks

PredatorX

WKR
I was down this route but ultimately decided to avoid the cabelas and go with the meopta S2 version both for resale and eyepiece interchangeability. Just search for a good deal and then you will have a meopta with the ability to switch eyepieces. Of course Swarovski will have a little better resale but that is why you want an S2 at bottom dollar. Heck it may even appreciate on you. That scope has had a price increase the last 5 years I think. Actually maybe swaro wont have a better resale. These S2's and even cabelas version arent as easy to find as a swaro.

I haven't compared with a Swarovski side by side. Most seem to prefer the S2 though. So far I love mine and couldn't ask for more.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk