Packing 15x56 SLCs

I have SLC 15x56 that I will be packing up the mountain this year. I use an Exo 5500 and plan on utilizing the outer sleeves for tripod and spotter with the 15s in the back stretch pocket, so I don’t have to get into and out of the main bag on the front and back end of glassing sessions.

When packing 15s, are y’all using the fabric field bag that comes with the SLCs or another type? I had in my head trying to find a neoprene or similar type “case” that would provide some protection, albeit minimal for storing them when in the back stretch pocket, but I figured a lot of y’all have logged more miles packing them than I ever will. So what has worked best for y’all?

Thanks

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have SLC 15x56 that I will be packing up the mountain this year. I use an Exo 5500 and plan on utilizing the outer sleeves for tripod and spotter with the 15s in the back stretch pocket, so I don’t have to get into and out of the main bag on the front and back end of glassing sessions.

When packing 15s, are y’all using the fabric field bag that comes with the SLCs or another type? I had in my head trying to find a neoprene or similar type “case” that would provide some protection, albeit minimal for storing them when in the back stretch pocket, but I figured a lot of y’all have logged more miles packing them than I ever will. So what has worked best for y’all?

Thanks

I usually run the Sitka bino bivy 12x15 as a bino harness that runs on the chest. Its light weight and don't really notice it being there. Theres a bunch of things that you could look at but me personally I like my glass to be protected while having a low profile bino harness. you may not be a Sitka guy but I would strongly recommend those. Maybe the Alaska guide creations bino harness but there is a lot going on and they have to many pockets. I like stuff that is simple and easy to use. Specially in the mountains and in the back country the simpler the better.

OP
J
Thanks for the reply. I should’ve clarified that I run 10s in a bino harness on my chest so the 15s are going to have to go in the pack.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
I use the felt pocket in the Exo 200 most of the time, but if not i just use the swaro case in the bag. I haven't found a better alternative

I carry them still in the Swarovski case they come in tucked in my pack wrapped in my jacket inside the pack. Haven’t really seen an effective way otherwise to carry them far as a hard case would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PredatorX

WKR
I usually run the Sitka bino bivy 12x15 as a bino harness that runs on the chest. Its light weight and don't really notice it being there. Theres a bunch of things that you could look at but me personally I like my glass to be protected while having a low profile bino harness. you may not be a Sitka guy but I would strongly recommend those. Maybe the Alaska guide creations bino harness but there is a lot going on and they have to many pockets. I like stuff that is simple and easy to use. Specially in the mountains and in the back country the simpler the better.
Man 15's on your chest. That is a man right there!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nexus

FNG
What type of terrain are you planning to explore? Just seems like a lot of glass weight to be hiking around; 10x, 15x, and spotter. Wide open terrain I usually limit myself to 10x (or 12x) and a spotter. More dense cover I might only take the two binos. As for protection of the 15x, the stretch sleeve has always worked on my 3500.