Yanny vs Laurel & Blue vs White Dress

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
So I imagine a lot of people have seen the latest viral recording where folks hear different words. We Made a Tool So You Can Hear Both Yanny and Laurel - The New York Times

It got me thinking about that similar dress color debate a while back. I did some quick google work to try and find out why people hear and see different things. I ran across this interesting article explaining the color issue. White and gold black and blue dress - Business Insider

So it got me thinking, can we use a test like this to help determine which optics might be best for our given eyes? For instance, I see the dress as nothing but white and gold. According to the article that means my eyes don’t work as well in dim light. Would that mean an optic like zeiss might be better for me because it tries to brighten the image more than others? I know Ryan Avery says he sees blue from zeiss. I wonder if he sees the dress as black and blue?

Kind of a silly thought process to get here, but I’m serious about the question. Is there a way to determine with some kind of test which design should be most optimized for our eyes?

amp713

WKR
I honestly was coming here to ask why this trash was leaving Facebook and coming to rokslide where I come to avoid such wastes of time....

Only to find you turned it into a very very hunting related post that peaked my interest!!!

I have heard both as well as seen both so maybe I'm a border case?

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Yanny vs Laurel & Blue vs White Dress

I've also seen both colors, I think it just solidifies that one persons ideal pair of optics may not work for you at all and a person should just try as many as they can before they buy. But it would be awesome if you could fine tune the process with some sort of test lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk