Outdoorsmans bino stud rotating

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had the problem with your outdoorsmans stud rotating within their binos even when it’s inside the bino adapter that is tightened fully?

It causes my binos to move and shake which kind of defeats the purpose of having a tripod.

I’m thinking about either using loctite on the stud or using Teflon tape, as I don’t see myself ever taking the bino stud out.

Does this seem like a good idea? Or is there a trick that I’m not doing?

For reference I have maven b1s with the Pentax stud.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine has a set screw you tighten so it won't turn it's the Swarovski 1/4 20 model though. I'd give outdoorsman a call and get thier opinion

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I see no reason you can’t add a little blue lock tight to the threads when you thread the stud to the binos, shouldn’t hurt either.

OP
R

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Mine has a set screw you tighten so it won't turn it's the Swarovski 1/4 20 model though. I'd give outdoorsman a call and get thier opinion

That’s a good idea, I don’t want to do anything that might void the maven warranty

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Locktite won't hurt anything avoid red and use blue or purple as Dotman states above. Are sure it's moving at the threads and not in the adapter?

OP
R

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Locktite won't hurt anything avoid red and use blue or purple as Dotman states above. Are sure it's moving at the threads and not in the adapter?

Yeah it’s gotta be the threads because I have the adapter cranked down fully. Yet when I remove the binos from the adapter the stud is loosened a little bit. However, any amount of wiggle is a lot when looking through 10x

Maybe I’ll try using pliars to tighten the stud down before resorting to loctite. I tried to finger tighten the stud as best as I could but it’s in such an awkward spot and such a small piece to grip on I don’t think I was hand tightening it very well.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I "think" my stud has a allen wrench fitting to tighten it to the binoculars might double check there first. How old is your adapter set?
Yeah it’s gotta be the threads because I have the adapter cranked down fully. Yet when I remove the binos from the adapter the stud is loosened a little bit. However, any amount of wiggle is a lot when looking through 10x

Maybe I’ll try using pliars to tighten the stud down before resorting to loctite. I tried to finger tighten the stud as best as I could but it’s in such an awkward spot and such a small piece to grip on I don’t think I was hand tightening it very well.

OP
R

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I "think" my stud has a allen wrench fitting to tighten it to the binoculars might double check there first. How old is your adapter set?

Man, I’m going to feel real stupid if I missed that lol.

I just received it in the mail about 2 weeks ago.

OP
R

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider

Man I just looked at the picture on their website and I think you’re right .

Thanks for all the help guys!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep you can of see it here
654ea6d15f69436a74b299a5cde6fb9d.jpg

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had the problem with your outdoorsmans stud rotating within their binos even when it’s inside the bino adapter that is tightened fully?

It causes my binos to move and shake which kind of defeats the purpose of having a tripod.

I’m thinking about either using loctite on the stud or using Teflon tape, as I don’t see myself ever taking the bino stud out.

Does this seem like a good idea? Or is there a trick that I’m not doing?

For reference I have maven b1s with the Pentax stud.

Thank you

I had the exact same issue on my Swaro SLC's. Put a drop of locktite on it. I used purple on one pair and blue on the other. Actually the first time it happened I was in the field for a week. I only had red locktite in my truck and reluctantly used it. I later removed it with no issue but I put purple on the next time.

I've never had an issue with mine in my slc's. I tighten it with the center allen and then snug up the small set screw. Done, zero issues. I have mine in and out of the bino adapter a lot when I'm out too.