Outdoorsman Bino Hand

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with this?

Bino Hand

Wanted to know specifically if it would hold a 65mm or 85+mm spotting scope (in lieu of using the attached base and a separate QR) website lists no details/dimensions. Before anyone gets out the torches hear me out. My thought is I'd like my binos and spotter to be able to be switched out quickly while minimizing extra attaching pieces. I also DO NOT want a stud on my binos that I have to remove or deal with poking me constantly. I was looking at other systems like the bino hand (leupold, swaro, leica etc) but they are all flat or bino specific in their "table" shape. Where the bino hands "v" shape would seem to lend to using many objective sizes.

So anyone have one and tried it out holding a spotter? Not keen on the ratcheting system would prefer velcro or bungee but can't win them all.

mvmnts

WKR
If you call them, someone just picks up and can answer your question in like 30 seconds. They're old school like that. Sorry I don't have direct experience with that piece, but I can't for the life of me imagine how this is better than their bino stud.

Call em

Bino stud does not stick out or poke you.

I think running that ratchet in and out between Binos and spotter would be a huge pain is the ass.

The outdoorsmans bino stud is legit.

Elkangle

WKR
The bino hand is a way bigger pain then having an actual bino tower & stud....if your interested I have a bino hand I could sell you if youd like to test it out for your self

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
So I love when someone asks a question on a forum for personal feedback and there is always someone who has to chime in and say "I don't actually know but why didn't you do x to get your answer" In this case I could literally post up a question in 30 seconds (same amount of time to call if I'm lucky I know) but potentially get alot of feedback either good or bad with very little time invested and little potential bias. But alas that's how the internet works.

I get a lot of people like the bino stud its better then then other bino adapters in its two piece design but it's still not compatible with both bino's and a spotter like I was hoping to find. Now will I end up with one? Maybe. But looking at other options first. Might the bino hand be a real PIA? Maybe. Or it could be just what I want. That was the purpose of this question.

Elkangle care to send a pm with what you'd like for the bino hand?

I'm checking with outdoorsman on objective size limit and if it doesn't work out I'll probably do a DIY like I saw in another thread somewhere that looked perfect if a little cosmetically lacking.

thanks guys fun as always!

Elkangle

WKR
I'm not sure what you'd be saving...in fact a bino tower and a direct mount to the spotter would probably be lighter

Il send a PM in a bit

dotman

WKR
I’ve use both the Outdoorsmans Bino stud and bino hand, for any bino you have to send in and have a stud pressed into I much prefer the bino hand due to cost and ability to retain when getting new binos. The stud is nice but the bino hand works well, just remember it has 4 mounting spots for a qr plate so you may have to play with which mounting spot works best for your optic.

The bino hand also works as a rotating collar for the Kowa 55mm spotter as long as you have a neoprene cover on it such as the Vortex cover for their 50mm, it does not work well on the bare spotter.

If you want a rock solid bino adapter that you can use on multiple optics the bino hand is great and cheaper then using the original bino stud. For a spotter I would get a qr plate for ease of use.

Some people are just extra picky I think as the bino hand isn’t as easy to use as the stud but it isn’t a pain to use and works well.

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Dotman for sharing your personal experience.

Fyi to anyone reading I called in to outdoorsmans and they got the bino hand to work on a swaro 65. They said if it has a similar sloped profile it "might" work on a different spotter of similar size. It can't get all the way to the objective since it's too big but it would be very off balance anyway.

If I end up getting one or doing a diy I'll report back with my experience