Benro S2 on a Summit SS tripod?

westtrout

FNG
Hey folks, I have a Vortex Summit ss tripod with a pan head. I like the tripod, but the head leaves a lot to be desired.

I was thinking about going with a Benro S2 head, but I was curious if anyone has gone that route on a Summit ss? If so, how did you like it? Is swapping out the heads straight forward or a PITA?

Thanks!

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you happen to pick one up from S&S archery, let me know and I will add a threaded adapter so that the S2 will fit on your summit tripod
Hey folks, I have a Vortex Summit ss tripod with a pan head. I like the tripod, but the head leaves a lot to be desired.

I was thinking about going with a Benro S2 head, but I was curious if anyone has gone that route on a Summit ss? If so, how did you like it? Is swapping out the heads straight forward or a PITA?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
W

westtrout

FNG
Thanks Great Rob. It will be a little while before I can pull the trigger, but I will let you know when I do!

Napperm4

WKR

Thanks!

I switch between a vanguard P111v and the vortex SS ballhead on mine. Works like a charm.

As noted by Rob, the vortex tripods have a 1/4x20 screw so you need an adapter.

My brother runs an S2 on a high country vortex tripod. I prefer his head over either or mine for what it’s worth.

The ballhead swap is really straightforward. I think the panhead model is a bit different but should be easy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best values and a great head is the Manfrotto 700RC2. We sell a ton of them for spotters and binoculars or people shooting video

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As noted you need an adapter, I swapped to that head on mine. Since you already have it that would be fine but I don't think I'd recommend someone spending the $100-130 new on one just to pair with the head vs a bit more for some of the other tripod options out there. The lack of individual gripable adjusters for the leg sections is a tad annoying at times. Not the end of the world either but starting from scratch I'd rather have that feature.

OP
W

westtrout

FNG
Just wanted to follow up and say that I went with the S2 on my Summit and love it. Huge difference. Great service from S&S Archery! Thanks all.

Last edited: