zeiss conquest reviews

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
I played around with them a bit. I think they are more comparable to the vortex razor line. Meostars and Swaro's are in a different class imo.

Forest

WKR
I have spent quite a bit of time between the swaros, conquest, razors, and vipers. I would rate them in that order. No doubt the swaros are top notch, but for MY eyes I felt the conquests were a better value. Razors were good, but had to give the nod from clarity and just higher quality product to the zeiss. Vipers were great until I tried something else. Leupold has a bx-5 in 10x42 coming out soon, I would suspect they should be similar to the conquests and razors in both price and quality.

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I upgraded to he conquests this past winter like them so far. Swaros were top notch but with that comes the price point, I looked at the cabelas Meostars and thought they were very comparable to the conquests but in the end decided the conquests fit me better. Didn't care for Razors, Mavens were nice but heavier, Leica Trinovids were very comparable to the conquests also.

excaliber

WKR
I spent quite a bit of time looking through many binos at dusk at Cabela's and the ones I was comparing were the Cabela's Euro HD (Meopta) Zeiss Conquest and Vortex Razor and Vipers. It was easy to tell the cheaper Vipers were not in the same class so they were out immediately. The Razors followed as I did not think they were close to as good as the Cabela's and Zeiss and they were overpriced IMHO.

It was close between the Cabela's HD Euros and the Zeiss. I did not like the ergonomics of the Euro HD's and the color of the glass made everything look warmer than normal with a yellowish hue. Edge to edge, brightness and clarity was just about on par with the Zeiss Conquests.

To me The Conquests were really sharp edge to edge and the clarity was the best of the bunch. I really like the natural color better than the warmer tones of the Euro HD's.
The ergonomics to me are much nicer on the Conquests. The Conquests were also 250.00 cheaper and club members received an additional 150.00 of the binos.
That made them a no brainer to me. The only thing I don't really care for is the very narrow focus band. It's a bit tricky at first to find the sweet spot but once you get them focused they are really awesome binos. Everyone who's looked through them think they are really nice. Even my Swaro buddies like them quite a bit.

I spent quite a bit of time looking through many binos at dusk at Cabela's and the ones I was comparing were the Cabela's Euro HD (Meopta) Zeiss Conquest and Vortex Razor and Vipers. It was easy to tell the cheaper Vipers were not in the same class so they were out immediately. The Razors followed as I did not think they were close to as good as the Cabela's and Zeiss and they were overpriced IMHO.

It was close between the Cabela's HD Euros and the Zeiss. I did not like the ergonomics of the Euro HD's and the color of the glass made everything look warmer than normal with a yellowish hue. Edge to edge, brightness and clarity was just about on par with the Zeiss Conquests.

To me The Conquests were really sharp edge to edge and the clarity was the best of the bunch. I really like the natural color better than the warmer tones of the Euro HD's.
The ergonomics to me are much nicer on the Conquests. The Conquests were also 250.00 cheaper and club members received an additional 150.00 of the binos.
That made them a no brainer to me. The only thing I don't really care for is the very narrow focus band. It's a bit tricky at first to find the sweet spot but once you get them focused they are really awesome binos. Everyone who's looked through them think they are really nice. Even my Swaro buddies like them quite a bit.

I have a pair and love them, IMO they’re the only way to go unless you’re willing to spend Swaro $. I’ve read of several people complaining about the fast focus but I love it. On other binos I’ve found myself going back and forth a bit trying to find the sharpest image, almost like the lens machine at the eye doctor. With my Zeiss’s it’s evident the second you’ve passed the sweet spot and very quick to get back to it.

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
I use Conquests and really like them. Better than Vortex but still not as good as Swaro or Leica. The Euro HD are really good too and slightly edge out the Conquest. All are better than Vortex.

Have conquest HDs and SLCs... The conquests are great. Quite a bit better than the vipers which I have had in the past. They are very good glass and maybe 90% of the SLCs. Where I notice the biggest difference is 1) low light performance - SLCs are only binos I have used that feel brighter than my own eyes when looking through them. 2) CA - the Zeiss don't control it near as well. Swaros are in class of their own there. 3) color warmth - Zeiss have a "cold" or "blue" tint - which tends to exaggerate CA at times (such as in snow) - the SLCs are a bit "warmer" or yellow tint which feels more natural to me.

Both are great tho and conquests, for the price, are great - but I do prefer the SLCs and feel they are worth the extra

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tracker12

WKR
It is my understanding that The Conquest line of Zeiss is manufactured in the Czech Republic by Meopta. Recently I noticed Zeiss saying assembled in Germany of some of the Conquest line of scopes. Either way I really like both the Conquest scopes and binos. I use both.