Tripod Mount for SLC 10x42's

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at picking up either the SLC tripod mount or the Universal Tripod Mount from Swarovski. The only benefits I can see from the universal is that I could strap other binos in it and possibly use it as a rest to shoot off of when using my heavy tripod.

Thoughts?

wildcat33

WKR
I have the slc 10x42s as well and I went with the tall. The thinking was I could then use that for 15x56 binos (should I ever get them, which I doubt i will) and also, to give me a bit more height with the short Slik 624 tripod I was using. But then I got a taller tripod, so in hindsight I would have got the small adapter.

I use the outdoorsmans adapter as well for my SLC’s and it works great.

Brian, why do you choose the tall adapter over the regular? Do you run 15’s as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
I made mine. Kinda like the outdoorsman but it doesn't lock in the same way.

Aaron
399fe83138d9fdd65e2c2780979dd30b.jpg
be4aac331860a7216bf54b7f2995f4ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I use the outdoorsmans adapter as well for my SLC’s and it works great.

Brian, why do you choose the tall adapter over the regular? Do you run 15’s as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do run 15s as well. I actually own the regular and tall adapters. The tall is just as sturdy and is easier to get on and off. It also adds some height to your tripod set up. I am not an ounce counter so the benefits of the tall make it an obvious choice for me.

PredatorX

WKR
Do you have a spotter that you are also going to use on the tripod? If so and it is straight, you may want the regular sized one. This way you shouldn't need to adjust the tripod much when switching over to your spotter to look at something. If you go with a tall adapter, you would probably need to move the tripod up when looking at something with the spotter that you identified with your binos. If you have an angled spotter, then you are probably moving the tripod anyways.

OP
Jsunkler

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have a spotter that you are also going to use on the tripod? If so and it is straight, you may want the regular sized one. This way you shouldn't need to adjust the tripod much when switching over to your spotter to look at something. If you go with a tall adapter, you would probably need to move the tripod up when looking at something with the spotter that you identified with your binos. If you have an angled spotter, then you are probably moving the tripod anyways.

Great point! Both of my spotters are straight, I will be picking up the regular height option