The hype is real - Swaro 95mm

bryan_arnett

Lil-Rokslider
Are you able to zoom in closer on the moon? I saw an S2 zoom in so close that you could see the ridges and crater details on the moon. Not sure if that was a result of 70x mag or the digital zoom on the camera.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm sure you could but this was taken off my iPhone. I don't have the digiscoping kit for my dslr yet

PredatorX

WKR
Were you zoomed in with your iphone? This guy was using an iPhone 7 zoomed in with the phone. You might need 70x and zoomed in with your phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Steven C

FNG
Am I really missing that much with having the Atx 85mm instead of the 95mm? This year is getting expensive with a new spotter, tripod, outdoorsmans pan head and 12x50 el’s. Good thing I’m still single I guess. Can’t take it with you is what my grandpa used to tell me.

Last edited:

MtnMuley

WKR
I like my Swaro 95, but still like my 85 Zeiss better. Only advantage I see with the 95 is pairing it with the BTX and/or the doubler.

OP
B
Am I really missing that much with having the Atx 85mm instead of the 95mm? This year is getting expensive with a new spotter, tripod, outdoorsmans pan head and 12x50 el’s. Good thing I’m still single I guess. Can’t take it with you is what my grandpa used to tell me.

I’ve never looked through the 85, but I think you’ve got a solid setup with the 85 and 12’s...if I were you I would stop looking for anything better. I think the thought process for me was a small 65 and the big 95, with your 85 you’ve got the best of both in one package. I run 8’s or 10’s, have not had the 12’s, but have looked through them and I am sure I will have a pair someday, they are nice.

I love my BTX with 95mm lens. The country you can cover with this thing in detail is pretty impressive. It is pretty dang big though

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm sure you could but this was taken off my iPhone. I don't have the digiscoping kit for my dslr yet

The only problem with the zoom piece for the Swarovski, under low light the light transfer isn't the same with out the zoom. So at dusk or at dark there is a big difference with and without the 30x-60x. I personally have one and I only use it during the day. Its possible to use at dusk don't get me wrong, but it just depends on how far you're trying to look. At the price point of the zoom piece is cheap specially when you're willing to buy a 3500-4500 spotting scope setup.

OP
B
Bumping this back up because I decided to dump shopping at Cabela’s/Bass Pro any longer, so I burned all of my points on a BTX.

Wow. The BTX with the 95 is a big 6lb package, but it’s impressive! So easy to look through! I have just set it up on my back patio and glasses a field, but I get the feeling that I’m going to like this setup, especially for late season hunts where I’m hunting from the truck and not backpacking in. Seems like a great tool for the range too.

Has anyone tried the marsupial gear case for it to use when transporting it around?

I got the BTX/ATX 95 this year. I hardly used the ATX. If I could only have one it would be the BTX over the ATX. Its heavy but for me the weight is worth it.

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, it was a real eye opener for me to look through those BTX with the 95mm.

I'm one of those guys that will chunk down some $$ on good glass....but I didn't realize the advantage to the bigger scopes...and they are heavy.

Well THAT^ was because I never looked through one! That big glass is one of those things a guy shouldn't try if you cannot afford it. It will only make what you have seem inadequate.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this back up because I decided to dump shopping at Cabela’s/Bass Pro any longer, so I burned all of my points on a BTX.

Wow. The BTX with the 95 is a big 6lb package, but it’s impressive! So easy to look through! I have just set it up on my back patio and glasses a field, but I get the feeling that I’m going to like this setup, especially for late season hunts where I’m hunting from the truck and not backpacking in. Seems like a great tool for the range too.

Has anyone tried the marsupial gear case for it to use when transporting it around?

I went with the marsupial gear case and unless they changed it in the last 6 months it is pretty tight with the 95mm Objective. I feel like I have to fight it out a little when I am deploying my BTX. When I am running the 85 the fit is better and comes out a lot easier. Super quality though!

I have looked through the BTX95, briefly. I looked long enough to know I needed to stop or I'd have to buy one. I could not imagine a 95 atx big eye setup.

TravKatQ

WKR

Just got the marsupial case for my btx 95 setup and it fits like a glove. Just the right amount of padding and it has the new soft fabric inside (the same stuff they updated the inside of their Bino harness with). I would recommend it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Marsupial case ordered. Thanks for
I have looked through the BTX95, briefly. I looked long enough to know I needed to stop or I'd have to buy one. I could not imagine a 95 atx big eye setup.

It is pretty pricey, I am sure my money would have been spent elsewhere but when you’re buying swaro glass you are buying something that is future proof...at least that’s what I tell myself!

jhayes6405

Lil-Rokslider
The 634 will be too flimsy at taller heights. Thats why I have it and the bigger brother to it, the 734. The 734 legs are right at 3 pounds but offers way more stability.

Apologies if this was already stated but I loosely scanned the thread.