The hype is real - Swaro 95mm

I am impressed to say the least. I caught a deal on a 95mm objective and even though I didn't feel I needed it, I thought I would jump on the deal and try the 95mm to see what the hype is about.

Granted, I have only spent one evening and one morning now glassing a field behind my house with it, but the difference between the ATX 65mm and the ATX 95mm is significantly noticeable. FOV, resolution and clarity, a little more zoom, and brightness all seem to be better in the scope over the smaller 65mm.

I picked up a coyote in some grass at ~1000 yards this morning that stood out clear as day with the 95mm. Switched over to the 65mm and I think I would have scanned right over him and missed him. I found him with the 65mm, but with the 95mm I knew as soon as I saw him what it was - it just popped. I was also glassing some geese well beyond where my 2k yard rangefinder could range and could easily make out colors and see detail that I was astonished with that far away.

Putting them on my scale the 95mm is just over a 1 pound heavier. I didn't write exact weights down, but I recall the 65mm was 3lb 11oz I think and the 95mm was right at 5lb even with the ATX eye piece.

The downsides are defiantly the size, its a big lens with some girth and 4-5" longer than the 65mm (I did not measure, just giving it the look test). I had to rearrange stuff in my safe to get it to fit. I can also confirm that it would not do well on an outdoorsman micro panhead. If you were glassing extreme angles it would flop over way too easy. I am also running a Slik 634 and I am wondering how that tripod will do with that bigger, heavier spotter on it in some wind. Up on the 70x zoom it was defiantly sensitive to shake.

That 1lb difference is going to be hard to not pack around this summer and fall.

Stid2677

WKR
I agree, my ATM65mm has lived in the safe since I bought the "Big Girl". Tried the micro Outdoorsman too and had to stick with the full size head. She is as heavy as my rifle with the tripod, but she has saved me a tremendous amount of wasted energy chasing non legal animals.

8lAEioKh.jpg

I must resist the urge... I've been looking for an excuse to buy one for the past 8 months or so. Damn you.

OP
B
I agree, my ATM65mm has lived in the safe since I bought the "Big Girl". Tried the micro Outdoorsman too and had to stick with the full size head. She is as heavy as my rifle with the tripod, but she has saved me a tremendous amount of wasted energy chasing non legal animals.

8lAEioKh.jpg

Hey stid - What tripod are you running with that outdoorsman pan head?

OP
B
I must resist the urge... I've been looking for an excuse to buy one for the past 8 months or so. Damn you.

The hype is real! I was skeptical too thinking “it can’t be THAT much better than a 65mm.” Just don’t look through one and you won’t know what you’re missing out on :)

PredatorX

WKR
I think I'd really appreciate the zoom adjustment on the barrel. Adjusting the zoom on my S2 while looking through it is a bit unnatural feeling. I'm a little disappointed in the fov specs on this ATX though. I'd hike this thing all over the mountain and would never think twice about it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ElkNut1

WKR
I'm sure the 95 is awesome, but guys no matter the like brand used as a comparison from a 65 to 80 or 85 you will notice a large difference in any brand there. The objective lens being larger will offer brighter, clearer views throughout the day & especially at low light times. When I put my 85 Razor next to my 65 Razor I see the same big difference, nothing wrong with the 65 but the 85 is a wow! Both have their place with me!

ElkNut/Paul

Are they 8 ish ounces better than a kowa 883?

Damn you guys have me looking at kowa again as an upgrade to an S2.

i know i will never regret buying mine. when you are done looking at critters,turn it towards Jupiter and watch the 4 Galilean moons orbit the planet!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

The 95mm is the best spotting scope money can buy obviously by this thread. I was the same way I had the 65mm and got the chance to use the 95mm and I bought one that next week when I had gotten back into town. The clarity of them and the field of view is incredible. If you are really serious about buying one use code ROK10 for 10% off the purchase. That can save you a few hundred right there. They have some weight to them yes, but when you live behind glass and you're always looking through optics why not just spend the money that will last you a lifetime.

The 95mm why not just spend the money that will last you a lifetime.

I did that 10 years ago when I bought the 80mm Swaro! Told myself I'll use it forever and there shouldn't be a need to upgrade, maybe this one is worth it. Thank you very much for the code, if I get it I'll use it gladly!

Ronb

WKR
I did that 10 years ago when I bought the 80mm Swaro! Told myself I'll use it forever and there shouldn't be a need to upgrade, maybe this one is worth it. Thank you very much for the code, if I get it I'll use it gladly!

Your 80mm is probably worth near what you paid back then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

excaliber

WKR
I saw the 95MM setup and it's pretty impressive. I'd need a Sherpa to lug that setup( scope and tripod) around for me as it nearly weighs as much as another rifle.
Does anyone pack that monster or is it mostly for glassing from the truck?

OP
B
I saw the 95MM setup and it's pretty impressive. I'd need a Sherpa to lug that setup( scope and tripod) around for me as it nearly weighs as much as another rifle.
Does anyone pack that monster or is it mostly for glassing from the truck?

It’s only ~1 pound heavier than the ATX with the 65mm lens, so it’s doable. I will be packing mine in this summer for scouting trips for sure. It would be awesome if you have a partner for one to carry a weapon and the other take the scope and tripod, that’s my plan.

Clarktar

WKR
Gosh, I bought a new leica 65mm spotter with the 25-50 wide eye peice. But now I want the 95 atx!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
B
Gosh, I bought a new leica 65mm spotter with the 25-50 wide eye peice. But now I want the 95 atx!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I looked really hard at the Leica spotter, you have a good scope there from everything I have read and looked at.

The modular Swarovski system is really sweet. I was patient and found my eyepiece used, found a demo 65mm objective, then got a steal of a deal at Cabela’s and turned in some points on the 95mm. All in I think I have about $3800 into the 3 pieces and essentially 2 different scopes.

bryan_arnett

Lil-Rokslider
Love my 95! Here is the moon with mine. The moon was extremely bright, almost so bright it blinded me!
355a6780ea60b959099ff9e8d2ad6438.jpg

PredatorX

WKR
Love my 95! Here is the moon with mine. The moon was extremely bright, almost so bright it blinded me!
355a6780ea60b959099ff9e8d2ad6438.jpg

Are you able to zoom in closer on the moon? I saw an S2 zoom in so close that you could see the ridges and crater details on the moon. Not sure if that was a result of 70x mag or the digital zoom on the camera.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk