Swarovski Binos.... Best place to buy?

I realize his may be a subjective question to a certain degree.

Where can one find the best deal on a new pair of Swarovski Binos? Is 10 percent off retail price a good deal or can you find better?

frazierw

FNG
Buy from cameraland, they provide great deals for fourm members and are extremely knowledgeable about optics, and other products they provide. Cant say enough good things about them from my experience.

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Camera Land (a Rokslide sponsor). I looked around a lot before I picked up my ELs and the price they offer forums members was the best around. And they're very helpful if you're trying to decide on which model you want go with. For an investment like that I've always found it best to take as many professionals' opinions into account as I could and they were awesome when it came to that. Good luck.

I buy used typically buy if I went new I’d go a route like camera land. Will never understand the guys going to a store and paying full retail plus tax

bigharge

WKR
Cabelas, that's how I purchased my ELs.

1. Stock up on the 100 dollar cabelas gift cards on ebay for 80 bucks. Gives you an instant 20% off.
2. Make sure you are an active junky member, then just be patient.

I sat on my gift cards for over a month until the stars aligned. Cabelas ran a 10% off for visa club members and active junky had a 10 percent cash back going on. Purchased my binos for nearly 40% off listed price.

Cabelas, that's how I purchased my ELs.

1. Stock up on the 100 dollar cabelas gift cards on ebay for 80 bucks. Gives you an instant 20% off.
2. Make sure you are an active junky member, then just be patient.

I sat on my gift cards for over a month until the stars aligned. Cabelas ran a 10% off for visa club members and active junky had a 10 percent cash back going on. Purchased my binos for nearly 40% off listed price.

^^^^^Now, that's my kinda shoppin'!^^^^^

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I realize his may be a subjective question to a certain degree.

Where can one find the best deal on a new pair of Swarovski Binos? Is 10 percent off retail price a good deal or can you find better?

If you can get Swarovski binos for 10% off you're doing good. They are a very costly bino so every bit of discount helps. What kind of swaros are you looking for?

Jarhead

FNG
How do you get the forum member “discount” with cameraland? Is there a link through rockslide to use?

Jimss

WKR
Cabelas gift cards as listed above is 20% off which is a darn good deal for Swaros. I ended up buying a shotgun for 20% and may save up for Swaros next.

bigharge

WKR
Today isn't a bad day if you're prepared.

Cabelas Club members get 10% off today
Active Junky is 12% cash back

Add that to the 20% using your gift cards and you got a pretty sweet deal on something I'm sure you deserve......

I just bought a set of els From camera land. Doug worked with me and got me the deal I wanted. Thanks Doug! Don't mess around. Just call Doug talk to a real human and get a good deal.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I just won an auction on Ebay for brand new El Range 10 x 42 for $2,176 shipped.

Find which model you want, search every day for new listings...once you find an auction, wait until the last 5 seconds to bid.

swaro.jpg

Last edited:

Steven C

FNG
I personally wouldn’t trust anyone on eBay with something like this. I’ve also recently heard of a guy on another forum having a problem for a few months with Leica on a repair issue. Doug from Camra Land had seen it also. He made a call and the guy had a new pair in a week. He didn’t even buy them from Doug originally. He just wanted to help. I bet the guy is now a customer for life. I know I am. I just purchased a camera from them this week from Joel. I got exactly what I needed and nothing more. I asked about more expensive cameras and he said it’s not worth it for what I’m doing. The thing that I like the most was Joel said his dad always told them “ Everybody sells the same stuff. The difference between them and us is us”. I believe that to be true. You might find a little better deal on eBay but I’m not giving up service.

I think we can all support Cameraland and praise their service without necessarily bashing on eBay. I’ve had nothing but good dealings with both of them. eBay is a lot like the classifieds here: check the seller’s history on the site before sending them your hard earned cash.

dotman

WKR
I just won an auction on Ebay for brand new El Range 10 x 42 for $2,176 shipped.

Find which model you want, search every day for new listings...once you find an auction, wait until the last 5 seconds to bid.

View attachment 73772

Problem I found with eBay is if the product is meant for the European or a market outside the US then you pretty much have no warranty. There were a few really good deals on Kowa spotters on eBay that ship directly from Japan and have zero warranty in North America. You can’t blame the mfg as they have a distribution and dealer network setup for goods to be sold here.

This wasn’t a guy selling stolen goods or anything it was a foreign dealer trying to sell overstocked goods to people in North America that wouldn’t have warranty, of course he’ll have excellent feedback as it is highly unlikely you’ll need warranty in the first few years or even 10 years.

So if you buy on eBay and in 5 years try to get warranty and are told sorry your product doesn’t have it don’t complain to anyone.