Bino Harness?

philys21

FNG
I bought all of them and kept the new Sitka model and maruspial. I like to keep my binos higher on my chest then most and the marsupial dug into my neck with just a light shirt on, and the material is a little loud in my opinion. But love the quick disconnects on it. The Sitka was by bar the most comfortable with just a tee shirt on and it has a quieter material, but the magnet could be stronger and they need to adopt the marsupial quick disconnect.

AGC - is what I utilize

Others are very tall, I'd rather have it stick out, then run the length of my chest
I hate magnets
I need storage
I carry pistol
Easy on/off
Just what works for me personal

OP
B
I’ve been researching and watching you tube videos. I like the Sitka, Outdoor vision and Marsupial he best. I want a slim and tight to the chest Harness. No bulk. Here are my concerns with each and if someone wants to address my concerns, pleas do....

Marsupial.... noisey Fabric, open sides when closed for debris to enter, maybe noisy magnets.

Outdoorvision..... when kid is open it makes the Harness stick out further from your chest and maybe get in the way of a bowstring? The straps look big in your back and could cause sweat.

Sitka..... zipper hard to open, price, Harness strap cause sweating, hard to get binos out.

I have not seen any of these in person, just online.

GPATTI

WKR
If you'd like a video of pulling bow back with harness open, pm me and I will take one and text to you. I am small too. 5'5", 150 lbs, so, it may show worst case look. I will get dims of back panel. Smaller than it appears.

Marsupial.... noisey Fabric, open sides when closed for debris to enter, maybe noisy magnets.

I haven’t personally found the fabric to be noisey. It could be quieter, but it’s also very durable and the two are often a compromise.

The open sides allow some debris in, though it’s been less of an issue than I thought it would be. The interior fabric of the Marsupial is such that whatever gets into the harness easily comes out. It won’t stick in there and become a long term issue.

I haven’t been bothered by the magnets. They haven’t snapped together on me yet, but others don’t like the design and apparently have problems with it.

Marsupial- big fan of their RF and their GPS pouches as well. Great guy to deal with- no issue with fabric or magnet noise in the field during spot and stalk bowhunting for whitetails this year.

bmart2622

WKR
Has anyone with the Marsupial had problems with rain or snow getting into the main compartment since it is not fully enclosed?

slowelk

WKR
Has anyone with the Marsupial had problems with rain or snow getting into the main compartment since it is not fully enclosed?

No, I had the marsupial last year and it did just fine. I don't understand the fuss with the open sides. Unless you're in the middle of a haboob, I really can't imagine it being a problem. I switched to the agc classic because I like the integrated rangefinder pouch, rather than running a smaller pack to the side. An added benefit to the agc is it's much more comfortable than the marsupial.

bmart2622

WKR
I had and AGC and sold it after 1 hike, I hated it. I have a Muley Freak now but want to try the Marsupial or Outdoor Vision

bwlacy

WKR
Are any of these a problem when carrying a full pack? Do the straps interfere with each other and make hot spots? I don't have any of the harnesses with an enclosure currently and have been curious how they work when carrying a 70 lb pack.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
This is a situation I am in currently as well. The AGC KISS is close to everything I need but not 100%. The lid sometimes flops closed when grabbing the binos one handed or putting them back one handed. Material is a bit noisy, but durable. I like the harness and construction. I have worn it three years @ 100+ days each of those years. It's pretty worn but no rips or loose threads. I might get another.

The Sitka version that come out last year was very promising but the zipper is to loud to open/close in proximity to game and the magnets were not strong enough to hold the lid closed when I leaned over (read-binos slipping out on mountain side). Loved the Sitka harness. I shared my thoughts with Sitka and they were aware.

Back when they first came out I ran the KUIU harness and liked it minus the crap it would collect inside. Easy to open/close one handed and quite. Not sure how durability is though, I sold them after one season.

No experience with any other brands but may try something new.
Watching this thread for ideas.

Squirrels

WKR
The OV has hit it for me personally, not bulky, forward opening, with good coverage, lightweight. After owning a AGC hybrid for a year I started looking for a forward opener. Haven’t tried the marsupial but the lack of protection on the side made me hesitant, not knocking just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
I tried about everyone made. I like the Outdoor Vision the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk