Rangefinder Binocular Help!

Hello, Look for everyones input on a pair of range finding binos.

I've looked at the following so far:

Swarovski EL Range

Zeiss Victory RF 10x42
Victory Rangefinder System | ZEISS International

Leica Geovid HD-B 2700
Geovid Range // Leica Geovid // Rangefinders // Hunting // Sport Optics - Leica Camera AG

Just so you how they will be used-

Rifle Hunts:
Elk, Muley's, Couse, Anelope, Sheep, and Pigs

Ranges:
100-300 with up to 700 (follow ups if needed)

Environment:
Some timber, some open country, lots of f'n hills (lol)

Locations of hunts:
Ha nice try, No!
AZ, ID, NM, UT, CA (yes, really), MT

Timeframe:
Most of my shots have been in the first two or last hours of shooting light.

Budget:
I'll figure it out (you get what you pay for / buy nice or buy twice)

Thanks in advance for any information on speed, range accuracy, battery life, weight, clarity, experience, and anything else that may help me and others,

Cheers,
Samson

jmden

WKR
Been using the Swaro EL Range 10x42 for 5 years and am very happy with them. I generally long-range rifle hunt and they've been great for that for most practical ranges.

OP
J
Thank you jmden,

Very helpful info.

Been using the Swaro EL Range 10x42 for 5 years and am very happy with them. I generally long-range rifle hunt and they've been great for that for most practical ranges.

jmden

WKR
If u r not aware of it already, the Outdoorsmans Swaro binoc/tripod adapter is a very nice 2oz adapter. If get Swaro would recommend having the stud put on the binos and getting the tripod adapter. Does wonders for your spotting.

handwerk

WKR
I've used both the older geovid HD-R's and the swaro el ranges, both great tools. I sold the swaros because being right eye dominant I often couldn't clearly see the yardage read out, so make sure you try them before you buy.
The last couple years I've been very happy with the Geovid HD-R's and don't plan on changing. Give Doug at Cameraland a call and he'll take care of you.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These are all great options. The newest Leica's have not started shipping yet so there's no reviews out yet, however, if they are an improvement on what they had last year they will be amazing.
The Swarovskis are a great unit and have been out a few (4 or 5 I think) years. A solid unit.
The new Zeiss is for the younger generation, lol. Bluetooth enabled and all types of high tech features.

If you want the option of a ballistic solver rolled into your binos then the Leica's are phenomenal. I have been using the Hd-Bs (2000) model for three years now. I have harvested used them for 1000 yard shots and they are perfect. the new ones I believe take the ballistic solver to 1200 yards whereas mine are capped at 1000. The binoculars use the same ballistic solver as the Gunwerks rangefinders. If all you want is a range output then either binos will be fine and will work.

OP
J
I do already use their system and would def have the stud installed is I go with the Swaro. Thanks jmden.

OP
J
Thank you handwerk, great info

I've used both the older geovid HD-R's and the swaro el ranges, both great tools. I sold the swaros because being right eye dominant I often couldn't clearly see the yardage read out, so make sure you try them before you buy.
The last couple years I've been very happy with the Geovid HD-R's and don't plan on changing. Give Doug at Cameraland a call and he'll take care of you.

OP
J
Didn't know that the Leica's used the same ballistics as the Gunwerks. Thanks for the info.

If you want the option of a ballistic solver rolled into your binos then the Leica's are phenomenal. I have been using the Hd-Bs (2000) model for three years now. I have harvested used them for 1000 yard shots and they are perfect. the new ones I believe take the ballistic solver to 1200 yards whereas mine are capped at 1000. The binoculars use the same ballistic solver as the Gunwerks rangefinders. If all you want is a range output then either binos will be fine and will work.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am running the newer nikon laserforce and I really like them, especially at the price. Good glass and the rangefinder is awesome.
I just returned from our annual weeklong rock chuck safari here in idaho and spent many hours behind these binos and had absolutely no issues.
Matter of fact, we ended up having rainstorms for 3 days and I had not one failure to range in the rain. Other shooters had the sig kilos and several leica rangefinder versions and they all had issues ranging in the rain. I also got readings out to 1648 through the rain.

Randy

Schaaf

WKR
If you go with the Geovid HD-B look into the Outdoorsmans Bino Hand. I prefer it over my EL’s that had the Stud.

SoDaky

WKR
Hi. Have used Swaros and Leicas. Sold the Swaros and stuck with the Geovids but only because I use them most for ranging on snow-often flat country snow. Leicas reign supreme there. Both good and a toss up elsewhere for me.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello, Look for everyones input on a pair of range finding binos.

I've looked at the following so far:

Swarovski EL Range

Zeiss Victory RF 10x42
Victory Rangefinder System | ZEISS International

Leica Geovid HD-B 2700
Geovid Range // Leica Geovid // Rangefinders // Hunting // Sport Optics - Leica Camera AG

Just so you how they will be used-

Rifle Hunts:
Elk, Muley's, Couse, Anelope, Sheep, and Pigs

Ranges:
100-300 with up to 700 (follow ups if needed)

Environment:
Some timber, some open country, lots of f'n hills (lol)

Locations of hunts:
Ha nice try, No!
AZ, ID, NM, UT, CA (yes, really), MT

Timeframe:
Most of my shots have been in the first two or last hours of shooting light.

Budget:
I'll figure it out (you get what you pay for / buy nice or buy twice)

Thanks in advance for any information on speed, range accuracy, battery life, weight, clarity, experience, and anything else that may help me and others,

Cheers,
Samson

They are all great products they really are. I use the Swarovski El Ranges, but what I've come to the conclusion is Leica has the best range finding capability. The technology they use is faster and more responsive than the rest. I love my swaros I really do, but for someone to start fresh look really hard into the Leica's

OP
J
They are all great products they really are. I use the Swarovski El Ranges, but what I've come to the conclusion is Leica has the best range finding capability. The technology they use is faster and more responsive than the rest. I love my swaros I really do, but for someone to start fresh look really hard into the Leica's

Hey Scott, what makes the Leica’s better at ranging over the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to give the sig kilo binos a try. Pretty good price point on those and the ability to pair up with a sierra scope. Ordered a set from Doug but not in stock yet. Anxious to try them and compare against my sons Leica HD-r.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Scott, what makes the Leica’s better at ranging over the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are faster and the most responsive binoculars on the market from what I have found. Leica is also the founder in range finding binoculars so they have a lot more time put into the technology. They have ballistic capabilities, and they can go out to 3000yrds depending on the model you get. The Swarovski EL ranges do not go under 30 yards and for archery hunters that is a very big deal.