Vortex razor HD 12x50 binos??

Morning Gents,

I have an opportunity to trade a few things for a new set of Razor HD 12x50s..

Anyone have any experiences with these or any other kind of razor Binos?

I’ll be using them for mainly open country prairie mule deer and antelope

Good? Bad?

Thanks a bunch!

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I currently use and own the exact pair you are thinking of. I think they work very well for your intended use (it is also what I use them for). They arent swaros, but if you take your time glassing and grid it out I have been able to see deer from around 2.5 miles away. Obviously at this distance you can't tell exactly what it is (buck, doe, score of deer), so a spotting scope is useful then. They work pretty well in low light, you just have to take your time. Also, I would highly recommend using a tripod. A good lightweight tripod and pan head will help you immensely with keeping them stable enough to use. Do you have any specific questions?

For that price range I'd say most guys who research binos are going with Maven or Meopta. That's where I'd look.

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Since your question was whether or not the Razor 12x50s will be good or bad for the type of hunting you described, the simple answer is they're more than adequate. Put them on a tripod (if you're not already doing so will change your perspective completely), slow down and glass methodically, and you'll see animals. Plenty of folks will tell you to buy this brand or that brand but we use what we have, and if you have those you'll be fine. Last year I was using Diamondback 10x42s and Kaibab 15s and I was able to spot Coues deer out to 1000 with no problems and would have been able to look farther had the terrain not limited me. The Razors are better glass than the Kaibabs so even with a little less magnification you'll be fine. Again, if really work on your glassing technique with those binos and you'll be good to go.

dan

OP
C
Thanks for all the replies! I've decided that I am going to bite the bullet and pick up some swaro SLC 10x42. Buy once cry once I am told🙃

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies! I've decided that I am going to bite the bullet and pick up some swaro SLC 10x42. Buy once cry once I am told🙃

Can't go wrong there. If the extra cost doesn't bother you (too much) look at both the ELs and the SLCs. Theres no denying they're both amazing glass but I've noticed some people like one more than the other. I went through the same thing a few months ago and ended up going with the ELs (12x) but they were just my preference. For that much of an investment try to give them both a look and see which work best for you. But again, you won't be disappointed either way. I LOVE my new Swaros!

dan