Tripod head for Kowa 773

Elnicko

WKR
Just picked up a 773 and was wondering if the outdoorsmans micro would work or if I would be better off with their regular head. I read on their site that they recommend a max of 65mm shooters with the micro but the 773 is pretty close in weight so I was wondering if it would work. Thanks!

Outdoorsmans

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Elnicko, the Micro will lock out and hold the weight of the 773 no problem. The pan will also be extremely smooth. The issue will come when you loosen the handle for the tilt feature. As long as you have a hold of the scope when you loosen the handle you should be perfectly fine with the Micro!

Thank you, Jake!

I’m sure it would be fine. I run a Surui c-10 ball head with my 773 and it’s much smaller than the outdoorsman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighVoltageHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I would consider the reg. pan head for steadier one handed panning and tilt for the larger objective optics. Also, their new version is 1oz lighter than the old.

Take a look at the Sirui VA-5. One of the best fluid heads on the market under $200
Right now I have new, normally $149.99, forum members pay $129.99 and thru the end of the month get back $15 from Sirui. It's Arca Swiss compatible.
Let me know if I can be of any help
Have a great weekend