Cabela’s Krotos 20-60x85???

270quest

WKR
They have these NIB on eBay for $540....straight version....thinking of pulling the trigger. Other than warranty, is there any negatives to these? Can anything in a full size spotter even compete at that price point?

A lot of people bought them here and people seem to like them well. You can't beat that deal for the glass. The warranty definitely sucks and prevents me from buying any optics from Cabelas. Depends on your use and risk tolerance.

I also hate straight spotting scopes but many guys don't mind them.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I purchased the straight 20-60x85....we will see what it offers when I get it. For that price, I couldn't say no. I wanted straight as this will be used a lot for antelope and I can use a window mount when needed out of my truck.

Matt G.

WKR
That thing is a beast in size. The 65 was small and compact. 85 was way too big to carry around. Also looks like cabelas has a newer version of shoe coming out from the shooting catalog along with the binos. Binos on the website now but not the scope.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

snakelk

WKR
With today's 15% off code on eBay, this scope can be had for under $450. There's still an active listing. I'm not sure of the quality of this spotter, but like others have mentioned, a lot of people like the Krotos. Most reviews seem to be involving the 65mm however.

dcreiss

FNG
I love my 65 Krotos, if the 85 is manageable in size I would assume the glass is well worth the ebay purchase price.