Help finding bino harness

I recently picked up some Zen Ray ED2 8x43 binos. Love the glass(especially for the $100 I paid for them), but I am having a hard time finding a bino harness that they will fit in that I like. They are a hair too big for my Horn Hunter Bino Hub, and it doesn't seem they are going to fit in an AGC KISS or CUB. They spec at 6.5" long and 5" wide. I really don't want a big bulky bino harness. I've got a Badlands Bino X for my 15x50s, and it's definitely not my favorite.

Marsupial also makes a great harness. Looks like a size medium would fit your binos just fine. I’ve owned a Marsupial for a while and am very pleased.

I used to run the kuiu and switched to the fhf gear last year. I have been very happy with the fhf so far and think its the perfect size for my needs.

Gonewest

WKR
I have those binoculars. $100 is a steal. I use FHF binoculars harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Subscribed. I got an AGC and as you can from the pic, it gets pinched/rolled up under my Stone Glacier pack straps. View attachment 74467 . I fix it and in a few minutes it's rolled up again.

Also, I don't like how the top of the rear part of the harness digs into the back of my neck.

I like the AGC pack, but not the harness. Have ordered a Kuiu as it looks lower profile and the rear brace looks to be more centered across the back vs. up against your neck, but perhaps different harness would work with the AGC pack.

Don't mean to steal your thread Quackaddict

OP
quackaddict
Doc, your picture didn't work. No worries about stealing the thread though!

I was really wanting an AGC KISS Max to work, but they weren't big enough either.

Thought really hard about a Kuiu, but I looked at a buddy's and just didn't like it that much.

I ended up ordering an OV, so we'll see how I like it when it comes in in a few weeks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Doc, your picture didn't work. No worries about stealing the thread though!

I was really wanting an AGC KISS Max to work, but they weren't big enough either.

Thought really hard about a Kuiu, but I looked at a buddy's and just didn't like it that much.

I ended up ordering an OV, so we'll see how I like it when it comes in in a few weeks.

I ordered an OV also, just received the other day and trained with it and my pack over the weekend....it is absolutely perfect. Low profile straps neatly fit under backpack shoulder straps...harness is centered on your back, not digging into the back of your neck like the AGC.....bino case fits snug and high on chest, not drooping down like a baby bjorn....magnetic open and close....."this one was just right."

OP
quackaddict
I ordered an OV also, just received the other day and trained with it and my pack over the weekend....it is absolutely perfect. Low profile straps neatly fit under backpack shoulder straps...harness is centered on your back, not digging into the back of your neck like the AGC.....bino case fits snug and high on chest, not drooping down like a baby bjorn....magnetic open and close....."this one was just right."
Agree 100%. It's a really, really nice harness.

rlmmarine

WKR
Call Paul at fhf gear he has a variety of sizes I'm sure one will be perfect and you can't ask to due business with a better guy

Will the front zippered pocket of the Marsupial fit the front half of a range finder? As in...when on a stalk just nose it down in there for quick access, but not carry it there regularly?

Will the front zippered pocket of the Marsupial fit the front half of a range finder? As in...when on a stalk just nose it down in there for quick access, but not carry it there regularly?

No. It's a pretty dang small pocket. It's even too small for my binocular tripod adapter to fit comfortably.