Camera Recommendations Nikon, Canon

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, I'm looking at snagging my first camera. I'm looking at staying under $1000 for the setup with lenses and have been looking at the nikon d3400, d5600, canon rebel t6i, and rebel t7i. Plan on doing a lot of camp portrait pics and landscape photography, probably dont need anything with a zoom right now. Whats everyones opinion on those?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think you need to add the Sony A6000 or 6300 to your list

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

All of them are good choices. Feel free to give me a call so we can discuss your exact needs and what would be best within your budget. As always we do the best we can for Rokslide members

Joel

Vargasm

FNG
I’ve had the Nikon d5600 for about a year now. It has been a great camera to learn on and takes pretty good pictures. The menu screen is very user friendly and there is a fair amount of how to videos online for that model. I used it to film some of my bear hunting this last spring and was satisfied with it ( even though I didn’t kill a bear). I was getting about 2 hours out of a battery in live view depending on screen brightness. Next week I will take it to film a friends antelope hunt here in Oregon. I really like how the camera fits my hands as well, it has a very deep groove for your fingers which seems to give me a more secure feeling. My main reason for going with Nikon was the great lens selection, that way I could invest in lenses and upgrade to something like the d850 in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I love the d3400 HOWEVER some things went away to make room for new features. For instance it will not accept a stand alone mic, so if you plan to film look at the 3300 instead.

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
I think you need to add the Sony A6000 or 6300 to your list

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Coming from a former Canon and Nikon guy, go with the Sony. I've been very impressed with my A6300

The only thing I don't like about Sony is the lens selection and cost, but the kit lenses are very good for the money

OP
W

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the advice. I ended up with the t7i. I was talking with a guy in best buy who does a lot of the same stuff I'm wanting to do with the camera and pointed me towards this canon. Really wanted the d750 but would rather be able to buy more lenses than blow my whole budget on the body

If you have any questions about the camera feel free to contact me. Happy to help. As a supporting vendor we are always here to give special pricing and support if you need it

Joel