Tripod on a budget

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone suggest a good tripod for glassing and digiscoping, something sub $150 and light?

Yes, call me. We always take great care of members of Rokslide. I have a Sirui T-004x set of legs with a head would be 94.99. I have 1 available. It weighs about 2.5 lbs and folds to about 15.5"

Give me a call to discuss this and other Manfrotto options. I am here today until 6:00, same tomorrow

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
I dont want to jack this thread, but are the gorilla pods by joby worth anything when it comes to backpack hunting? I was just thinking how they can be bent to wrap around trees and what not if you are solo and are using a timer. Or is it better to just snag a traditional tripod?

I dont want to jack this thread, but are the gorilla pods by joby worth anything when it comes to backpack hunting? I was just thinking how they can be bent to wrap around trees and what not if you are solo and are using a timer. Or is it better to just snag a traditional tripod?

If you want a small, packable tripod for taking pictures or filming, a Joby Gorilla Pod would work well. Get a taller one just in case you want to set it on the ground.

If you have a spotting scope and tripod now, you can always repurpose that tripod.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
I did a $100 carbon fiber fluid head Asian deal off ebay about 12 years ago and it is still working great. I was just trying to get by for a while and dang thing just wont quit. I'll look, but don't think it has a brand name on it.