Photography- one photo a day

colonel00

WKR
Great pics Brad! I can't wait for the birds to return this spring...I have a new camera and lens to test out!!

qPpDWRO.jpg

What did you get? I've been itching to buy something new but can't pull the trigger. Not really a new body available for me yet. I've been on the fence on a new lens though. Just can't seem to justify a large lump of money for something that may only get me moderate improvements.

Frosty82

WKR
What did you get? I've been itching to buy something new but can't pull the trigger. Not really a new body available for me yet. I've been on the fence on a new lens though. Just can't seem to justify a large lump of money for something that may only get me moderate improvements.

Somehow I justified the expense (I can be slightly irrational!) and really went down the rabbit hole... I updated from a Canon Rebel T3I to a 5DMIV and found a great deal on a used canon prime and went all in on a telescope of a lens (EF 800). Both are recent additions and I haven't gotten much use out of either yet. I am slightly stupid but really looking forward to seeing what I can get from both. Now, I need to get a decent landscape / astro lens and I should be set for awhile....well and a 7DMII is on the wish list. I thought hunting was an expensive hobby....the world of photos is dumb if you can't tell yourself no!!! Good-luck on chasing the next best piece of gear problem...I thoroughly failed that test.

colonel00

WKR
Yeah, since I am, at this point, committed to Pentax, my options are somewhat limited which can actually be a blessing (to my wallet) at times.

For a landscape/astro lens, keep an eye out for a Rokinon/Samyang/Bower/whatever 14mm f2.8. They are a steal of a lens and perform fantastic for astro stuff. Granted, they are manual focus but I pretty much have mine taped off at infinity all the time. If you get one, make sure to test it for decentering.

If you ever make it down south, give me a shout. Birds are just now arriving here.

mtmiller

WKR
Nice Badlands ram coop. Here is one I shot there last December. Looking forward to trying again in a couple weeks.

23885616481_570efa5e87_c.jpg