Photography- one photo a day

slick

WKR
db6255b008abc19248f141db7c5a6449.jpg

Great horned owl

Roy68

WKR
My 5 year old son and I found this little guy this spring cutting thistles in a pasture. Old Cannon point & shoot that rides in the glove box of the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

WyoElk

WKR
Frost, awesome picture and what a good looking pup. Keep up the good work everyone!

charvey9

WKR
Congrats!

Hey Charvey, have you taken your Golden out for Chukar? I want to know if I can pull this off...

Absolutely, we are non-discriminate upland bird hunters. A lot of the areas we hunt are chukar country up high, then turn more pheasant and quail friendly as we work down into the canyons and drainages. Bird populations aren't great in Oregon, so we chase them all and normally end up with some kind of mixed bag.

I think the key for hunting chukar with a flusher is having a dog that will stay close. I think golden's have a really good disposition for this, and Bowman is the bird dog I've ever had. He never hunts for himself, and every bird he flushes is at least within my shooting range. We hunt really well together, and often have success where others get skunked.