Post Thanks / Like

Novagrade Phone Adapter Review, by Matt Cashell

Our own Matt Cashell (Bitterroot Bulls) is back with another great review- this one on the Novagrade Phone Adapter system.

I've seen these around the last few months and have really wondered about them. Was happy to hear Matt and Ryan arranged a review.

Matt put the system to the test from spring to late fall, so plenty of use to issue a valid opinion on. He also included some sweet video in the review.

I was also happy to read Novagrade is an Oregon company designing, machining, and building the system right here in the U.S.A.

Give it a read and post your thoughts up, especially if you have experience with the Novagrade system.

Novagrade Phone Adapter Review
    Last edited by robby denning; 02-06-2017 at 06:40 PM.

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the article answers most of the PM questions I got regarding this product. Should make for a good choice for a lot of Roksliders.

Post Thanks / Like
    A clarification.

The $149 Novagrade adapter price includes compression rings to fit most spotting scopes with eyepieces 39mm to 60.75mm in diameter. The $23 small compression ring set is for binoculars and microscopes.
    -Bitterroot Bulls

5. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like it, would be a nice upgrade from my S4 gear phonescope. Did you ever play with the dslr camera adapter ? Curious if it would securely hold a Sony A6000.

Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elkeaterco View Post
    Like it, would be a nice upgrade from my S4 gear phonescope. Did you ever play with the dslr camera adapter ? Curious if it would securely hold a Sony A6000.

Jake
    I didn't try it, but I might. I was really impressed with the Novagrade build quality. The A6000 is pretty light compared to DSLRs, so it wouldnt likely be too heavy. A fast 30-50mm prime would likely be best with your APS-C sized sensor, but you would have to try it to find out for sure.
    -Bitterroot Bulls

8. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elkeaterco View Post

Jake
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    I didn't try it, but I might. I was really impressed with the Novagrade build quality. The A6000 is pretty light compared to DSLRs, so it wouldnt likely be too heavy. A fast 30-50mm prime would likely be best with your APS-C sized sensor, but you would have to try it to find out for sure.
    Great review as always Matt. I just received my adapter and should have it in the field in the next couple days. First impressions are exactly what I expected after reading your review. Very well built and thought out piece of gear. I am looking forward to trying it out.

I'll also be ordering up the DSLR adaptor in early January. Just waiting to pick up a 50mm 1.4f lens for my 80D and I'll give it a whirl. I'll report on that once I get it all set up.
    "You can't have a good day with a bad attitude, and you can't have a bad day with a good attitude".

justin@rokslide.com
    Justin CrossleyFacebook
    Instagram; @crossley0102

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post