Rokslide/Phone Skope User testing for iPhone 7 Plus

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders,
I'd been hearing great things about the dual-camera set up in the new iPhone 7 Plus so I reached out to Phone Skope to see if they were on the wagon yet with a case adapter--dumb question, of course they were. In fact they've been sold out already!

So with a fresh shipment on hand, we paired up with the boys to get a complete system (including the super-helpful Bluetooth Shutter Button into TWO Rokslide member's hands. Phone Skope | Digiscoping

Only catch is we want to give it to some users who've got the where-with-all and follow-through to use it and get back to us on this thread with their intelligent thoughts. So please don't enter just to enter.

Lots of guys need a reason (or not!) to switch up the iPhone 7 Plus and I'm hoping this thread will help answer some of those questions.

So, if you are willing and able to give some feedback within 30 days of winning the set-up, get your entry in below.

To enter, just tell us the optic you'll be testing it on. (And for those mindless ones among us who don't read the rules, I'm assuming you'll be testing on the iPhone 7 plus, so don't enter if you don't have that phone.)

I'll draw for a winner early next week. I'm thinking the odds will be really good on this giveaway. If they sell out between now and then, obviously we'll have to wait for another shipment before I can send the winners' systems out.

Here is a quick video of the Phone Skope in action on an iPhone 7 plus
[video=youtube_share;fUZXC_dA-I0]http://youtu.be/fUZXC_dA-I0[/video]

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, no wonder it's hard to answer questions on these, seems like no one's running the iPhone 7 Plus?

Odds are going to be good on this one! Get your entries in.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well you might be getting to Phone Skopes to test if we don't get any entries on this ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Schaffer, You're looking good now!

elkguide

WKR
Great offer but I'm still not going to leave Android for an iPhone277.7 or whatever number they are up to.

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide/Phone Skope Giveaway for iPhone 7 Plus users

I've got an IPhone 7+ and am seriously considering buying a Vanguard Endeavor. This could convince me. Love the phone, wouldn't mind trying out the Phoneskope. Let me know if you need me to buy an Endeavor Robby. I do have an old Bushnell that could work though.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've got an IPhone 7+ and am seriously considering buying a Vanguard Endeavor. This could convince me. Love the phone, wouldn't mind trying out the Phoneskope. Let me know if you need me to buy an Endeavor Robby. I do have an old Bushnell that could work though.

Haha. That's funny. Tell you what, let's see if you win and as long as you're still getting the scope, we'll send the PS. Although even if you didn't win the contest I think you'll be really happy with that endeavor. Thanks!

focker34

Lil-Rokslider

Sweet offer.

Too bad I just got my setup last week from phone skope for the 7 plus. I can post up my honest review once I get a little more time behind it though.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet offer.

Too bad I just got my setup last week from phone skope for the 7 plus. I can post up my honest review once I get a little more time behind it though.

Hey that would be great. Feel free to post on here. Thanks

Tsnider

WKR
I just ordered the new style Vortex Razor 65 angled yesterday and indeed have the phone. I have done reviews on gear before on different forums and such. I have a nice dslr I can take photos of the setup with as well.

so please add me to your drawing list!

Proslayer

Banned
I have the phone. I also have a vortex razor hd spotter. I would love to test this out and write a review as well as post all my pictures I take with it.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Boys, thanks for your entries. These were the best odds we've ever had on a giveaway. I used Random.org to pull the winners. So, if you're willing to post up your experiences within 30 days of receiving your equipment, I'm sending the Phone Skope iPhone 7 Plus adapters to...

TSnider

Proslayer

Looks like they'll be running the test on a couple of Vortex spotters.

Let me know within 5 days that you're accepting and I'll have the lovely Mrs. get your order filled. Just post on here and fire me an email at [email protected] to claim.

If no claim or someone backs out, I'll redraw for that slot.

Thanks all, and Thanks Phone Skope.

I have a iphone7+. And run a vortex razor 22-48 spotter. I have a nova grade and posted a topic a few weeks ago about tunneling issues. Would love to compare side by side

Edit... whoops... seems I came late to the party and there's no more cake. Lol.

Proslayer

Banned
Thank you! I accept! I'll be sure to write up a great post and share a bunch of pictures.

focker34

Lil-Rokslider

I'm not a part of the giveaway, but I have been using the phoneskope case on my new iPhone 7 plus and Robby gave me the go-ahead to post up my thoughts so far.

The iPhone 7 plus Phoneskope case is designed to be utilized in the most efficient and user-friendly way possible (much like all of the products I have used from them).

I purchased an iPhone 7 plus primarily for the upgrade in the camera, as it has 3. As I understand it, the iPhone 7 plus front facing camera is the same as on previous models, however where the game is changed is on the rear facing cameras. This phone is equipped with a standard "wide" angle lens that has become a staple of iPhone in the past. The second lens is referred to as a "telephoto" lens, with the capability to capture a closer view of your subject. You can see why this may be a huge benefit to Phoneskope users.

The Phoneskope case for the iPhone 7 plus is adaptable in the sense that you are able to quickly remove the lens ring place it directly over the camera of choice for that particular situation.

I paired my case with my Vortex Viper HD 10x50 binoculars as well as my Vortex Viper HD 15-45x65 angled spotting scope. I was able to quickly change between those two optics using their U2 universal adapter. Using that system, I can have 90x zoom, all the way out to 10x zoom with everything in between.

As with all things, there is a learning curve and I have found that a little bit of research prior to using these tools in the field will go a long way for making sure that you have the best experience that you can. Phoneskope has a great set of videos on their YouTube channel, as well as a set of detailed instructions and FAQ page on their website. If all else fails, don't hesitate to call their customer service, as they are very knowledgeable and friendly in my experience.

*Note*
I will be using the Bluetooth shutter remote and ProCamera app that are both recommended by phoneskope moving forward. Both of those tools will help with focusing on subject faster and more conveniently than the standard camera app and manually pushing the record button.

If anyone has questions or would like to see another feature demonstrated, just let me know.

Phoneskope iPhone 7 Plus - YouTube

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We love vids! Thanks for doing this focker34