What are you editing with?

Go to youtube, copy link of whatever song you want, place in converter and save. Then simply place in the video. This is the easiest thing about making my movies. Now if I can figure out my new windows 10 and movie maker to finish this last project. Grrrr

So are you guys downloading your camcorder vids to the pc and then editing and burning TV DVD's direct from the software or do you have to use other 3rd party software to get to this step? That is the problem with Movie Maker. Prior to the 2008 version, you could burn within movie maker. You no longer can do this. With Win 10, it gets even tougher...
Any suggestions?

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
I think most people just upload them to youtube. I will save them to an external drive or thumb drive. Both will plug in and play on my TV or you can take the thumb drive and play it in any PC. I don't think many people burn DVD's anymore. Magix Movie Studio can edit and burn DVD's though.

Thanks Maverick. I agree more are uploading to 'the clouds' or putting the vids on some other form of external hardware. I like to design playable dvd with case and cover to commemorate my hunt and give to family and friends. I am only 40, but many are much older, don't have pc skills, but do enjoy my annual dvd for their viewing pleasure if you will. :)
I just need to finish this final project from windows movie maker and then I plan to purchase some software. I'd like it already have a dvd format for burning videos (vos format). Currently looking at options from a high level perspective. those that interest me are Magix Movie, and the cheaper version of Adobe (not the pro) Premiere Elements 15, and a few others. I only make a few vids per year, so I don't want to pay a ton of $. Other than the lack of time line in windows movie maker, it has faired well for me and I've created some very good films from it.
I am assuming these more advanced software products will burn a playable DVD in VOS format?
I appreciate any feedback you have. I don't know anyone who using any video software to speak with or even check out. Once I complete my current project, I'll look into some free trials and such, but that is a mess itself weeding through the garbage. lol
Thanks in advance.
Bill

Last edited:
LightRoom 6.1 At some point I will go to LR CC, but good for now.

Don't. It's not worth it unless you buy a new rig that's not supported(which eventually will happen). My computer went down that had LR 6 on it, figured I would try out the CC, I'll be looking for another hard copy of 6 when my year subscription is up in 2 months, as I don't see any benefit, and I don't use photoshop for personal work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtmiller

WKR
Don't. It's not worth it unless you buy a new rig that's not supported(which eventually will happen). My computer went down that had LR 6 on it, figured I would try out the CC, I'll be looking for another hard copy of 6 when my year subscription is up in 2 months, as I don't see any benefit, and I don't use photoshop for personal work.

Good to know, thanks. I am on and off with getting a D500. One of the downsides, I will need to update. You are helping me keep money in my pocket.

Good to know, thanks. I am on and off with getting a D500. One of the downsides, I will need to update. You are helping me keep money in my pocket.

If you've never used Capture One, you should try the 30 day trial. I actually like the adjustments and rendering better than LR, but the workflow sucks if your used to LR.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord