Peak Designs camera clip

I have the original design and updated version with center hole for my tripod.

Love the versatility of the clips. The company makes a good product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pro version has a threaded hole for adding a QD plate for your tripod if it doesn't accept the same shoe the capture uses. I have one of each and have the standard on my pack and the pro attached to my tripod so I can just clip my camera on to it with out having to change shoes. Either version will be a great add to your kit, I have taken way more photos since my camera is out and ready to use.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Running the pro here

Have the pro....just make sure you order the long clamping bolts as well. I could have sworn i read the PRO comes with these....well mine didn't. Won't fit on my kifaru shoulder strap....barely fit on my previous eberlestock strap.

Have the pro....just make sure you order the long clamping bolts as well. I could have sworn i read the PRO comes with these....well mine didn't. Won't fit on my kifaru shoulder strap....barely fit on my previous eberlestock strap.
Clamp it on the webbing, not the entire strap, should fix your problem

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
I use one on the webbing of my HPG harnesses. Works pretty well

Dang make sure to through in the Bino adaptor as well. I just got it from them last week and I'm liking it.

I have one and like it a lot, highly recommended.

I need to see about getting a QD plate for mine as I hate having to swap out it out to put on the tripod. Anyone have a recommendation on a QD plate that works well with it?

colonel00

WKR
The PD plate is an ARCA Swiss compatible plate. Many/most decent tripod heads out there are available compatible with the ARCA plates. It's just really nice to have all of my camera gear on the same mounting system so I never have to worry about swapping plates.

I've been using PD products for several years now and they are a great company that will stand behind their products should you ever have an issue.

Also, once a year they release a new product on Kickstarter. This year's product should be coming up fairly soon to early summer-ish I think. Here's the one from last year if anyone wants to see how they do it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peak-design/the-everyday-backpack-tote-and-sling/description

dotman

WKR
I'm wondering what else it could be used for, thinking a pistol holster could easily be adapted to it or a Rangefinder.

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
Do you all find the cameras to be too much weight on backcountry hunts? seems like something that would get left behind after day 1 on the mountain? I am going to Wyoming hoefully in October. would love to take mine but thinking it's too much weight..... any input is welcome.

colonel00

WKR
It's all up to you. No doubt, they do add a bit of weight for sure. It's just a matter of whether you are willing to haul the extra weight to get some "better" photos. The hunt situation will also play a big role. For instance, if I'm just going into a base camp that probably won't move much, carrying the cameras once isn't that bad. However, if I was planning to move camp every day and carry that extra weight every day, I might consider a smaller P&S camera.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have one and like it a lot, highly recommended.

I need to see about getting a QD plate for mine as I hate having to swap out it out to put on the tripod. Anyone have a recommendation on a QD plate that works well with it?

Here is what I setup that works well and the arcs-Swiss mount accepts the plate for the peak design

Amazon.com : Skeleton Clamp Desmond DAC-X1 50mm QR Lightweight w Bubble Level 3/8" w 1/4" Adapter Arca Compatible for Tripod Head : Arca Swiss Clamp : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com : Neewer PU60 Universal Black Quick Release Plate for Tripod Ball Head Compatible with Arca, RRS, Manfrotto, Gitzo, Benro Clamps : Camera & Photo

Get as many plates as you need mount the Arca-Swiss adapter to your current tripod plate clamp it down now you have a mount that works with your peak design capture mount and the mounts I linked above.

tmwtrfwler I had the same concern about bringing my DSLR elk hunting this past season. I decided to bring just my Nikon D3200 w/the 18-55mm kit lens. I think this setup is around 26 oz. Was really happy to have it on the trip. And long story short; I'll definitely be lugging the extra weight around again next year :)