Shutter noise a concern?

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
Considering being my Nikon with me archery hunting this year, but wonder if the shutter is loud enough to bother elk when they are up close. It's an older full frame model.

Thoughts?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Vargasm

FNG
I wouldn't think it will bother them in general. I've gotten away with much loader sounds than that when hunting calm elk. Maybe if they know something is up and are already on edge it could be enough to crash them out. I would try it though.

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not a camera expert but I found an option in the settings for silent. Doesn't make a sound now. Don't know if available on all models but it was on my Panasonic G7.

OP
S

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not a camera expert but I found an option in the settings for silent. Doesn't make a sound now. Don't know if available on all models but it was on my Panasonic G7.

I've seen this as an option, but I understand that it can result in your exposure meter getting warm and pictures becoming over-exposed. I haven't played with it in practice, so I'm not sure how big of a deal it would actually be. Thanks for the idea.