Go Pro and a point and shoot

Getting sick of only having my phone for video and pics. Hunting solo I don't want to pack a ton of camera gear and being broke I don't want to spend more than maybe $400.

I was looking at a Go Pro Session to use on a headband. Are these OK for the money? What sets them apart from the Hero's?

Then I'd like a decent small camera with a fair zoom and quality pixel count. Something I can take a decent picture of game inside a hundo. Something I can find into a Kifaru belt pouch and run with a Clip Shot.

Thanks

dotman

WKR
I have one and really like it, mount it to my trekking pole. I feel it is underrated and has a great price point. I have the original session, I really like its small size compared to the other GoPro options.

OP
TradLife406
Perfect! Yeah it sucks leaving the family for days and not being able to share the experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Getting sick of only having my phone for video and pics. Hunting solo I don't want to pack a ton of camera gear and being broke I don't want to spend more than maybe $400.

I was looking at a Go Pro Session to use on a headband. Are these OK for the money? What sets them apart from the Hero's?

Then I'd like a decent small camera with a fair zoom and quality pixel count. Something I can take a decent picture of game inside a hundo. Something I can find into a Kifaru belt pouch and run with a Clip Shot.

Thanks

Highly recommend you take a look at Xiacom Yi 4k Action Camera. Better interface easier to navigate comes with built in screen instead of a backpack screen also you get 2 hours out of a battery compared to Gopro that is twice the battery life. It is 12 megapixal and can film in 4k up to 30 FPS. Its dubbed the go pro killer.

Here is their website. I did a lot of research and found it to be so much easier to use over the go pro and the built in touch screen is way nicer then having to pay an extra 80$ for a backpack screen for a Gopro. Also they run 200$ compared to 500 for the Hero 5. Check out their side by side comparison to the Gopro 5

OP
TradLife406
Highly recommend you take a look at Xiacom Yi 4k Action Camera. Better interface easier to navigate comes with built in screen instead of a backpack screen also you get 2 hours out of a battery compared to Gopro that is twice the battery life. It is 12 megapixal and can film in 4k up to 30 FPS. Its dubbed the go pro killer.

Here is their website. I did a lot of research and found it to be so much easier to use over the go pro and the built in touch screen is way nicer then having to pay an extra 80$ for a backpack screen for a Gopro. Also they run 200$ compared to 500 for the Hero 5. Check out their side by side comparison to the Gopro 5
Does it come with a headband or is there some one making one for it?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Does it come with a headband or is there some one making one for it?

Yep all the go Pro accessories accept the under water cases work with this the same as Gopro. So easily can be had.

Finch

WKR
SHTF...do you have any footage posted anywhere online of the YI action cam? Hunting footage? Looks pretty cool!

OP
TradLife406
Yep all the go Pro accessories accept the under water cases work with this the same as Gopro. So easily can be had.
Awesome, lol I posted that question then right after found an accessory kit for $30 on Amazon lol!

Any one have any experience with this small Canon? Seems to be just what I want for a point and shoot. 12x and 20.1 pixels.
0221cc2cc84ba021850c027a1a0a6394.jpg

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
SHTF...do you have any footage posted anywhere online of the YI action cam? Hunting footage? Looks pretty cool!

I don't but please check out this video comparing it side by side with the Gopro. Xiaomi YI 2 4K Action Camera REVIEW vs GoPro (4K) - YouTube

Please do your research. I went this route because I feel its better and cheaper and easier to use then the Gopro.

Here is some footage comparing the Hero 5 and Yi 2 4k

GoPro Hero5 Black Edition vs. YI 4K - YouTube

To my eyes based on the videos side by side the Yi 4k has a brighter crisper image compared to the Gopro.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Awesome, lol I posted that question then right after found an accessory kit for $30 on Amazon lol!

Any one have any experience with this small Canon? Seems to be just what I want for a point and shoot. 12x and 20.1 pixels.
0221cc2cc84ba021850c027a1a0a6394.jpg

I would go with an iPhone or Samsung smart phone over a p&s. Might be worth a phone upgrade if you don't have one. There are some great inexpensive apps to really make the phone cameras shine even if you don't care if you can shoot in the raw.

You can go even cheaper and still get very good 1080 / 60 fps video with the Akaso EK7000. It touts itself as 4K, but is better at 1080. Re-furbished units sell for $40 on ebay and new they are about $80. Uses all the gopro mounts. I have 3 of these cameras and am very happy with them.