Movie Editing

Ern

FNG
This past weekend I got an Olympus TG-Tracker. It's basically an Olympus version of a GoPro. Olympus has their Viewer 3 editing software that comes with it. Has anyone used this, or is there a better movie editing software anyone would recommend? I haven't tried the Viewer 3 yet, maybe it's all I'll need. This is my first action camera so anything simple would be just the ticket.

Tsnider

WKR
what operating system are you using? on Apple computers Imovie is great for beginners. If you have Windows just use MovieMaker or whatever they are calling it now until you get the feel for editing. Its a time consuming process!

OP
E

Ern

FNG
Thanks. That Moviemaker sounds familiar. I've got Windows, so I'll give that a try. You're right though. Lots of trial and error.

Tsnider

WKR
trial and error but the time is what leads people away usually. a weekend in Moab offroading with my friends is 10 hours of editing typically.

colonel00

WKR
I've just started messing around with Davinci Resolve. It is a very powerful editor with a free version. However, depending on your computer specs, it may bog down and crash at times. I also have Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 that I've used at times but it's a paid program.

Really though, I say to just start with the software that you have access to and use it until you start to see limitations or other things that will point you to other apps to try.

frostop

FNG
You know I recently purchased a new Dell Laptop and I have been researching this subject. A lot of the guys are using the Adobe products on windows. I downloaded the free version of Adobe Premier, I don't have a lot of video to work with yet but it seems easy to work with, I had gotten a copy of the Cyberlink software and it did not support the Nikon files so that is how I ended up with the Adobe

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you don't have MovieMaker intalled, it's unavailable anymore. A couple of decent free options are Shotcut and Video Pad.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
When I tried to teach myself a bit of movie editing after my sheep hunt a few years ago, youtube turned out to be a very helpful resource. You can find instructions on just about anything there if you search. But as mentioned before, be ready for a significant time consumption if you jump into this.