Camera for digiscope help!

Mfloski

FNG
Ok, I plan on using a swaro spotting scope...now I am trying to figure out what camera to take my video/pics with.

So, seams like the options are a) cell phone b) mirrorless c) DSLR d) GoPro

Phone seams like the best option, BUT I currently have an iPhone 6 with only 16gb of memory and it generally runs close to maxed out...unfortunately it is a company phone and I can't change it.

DSLR are nice but they just are so big and bulky, plus it seams that the Adaptor is really expensive.

It sounds like GoPro have to much image quality issues due to the type of lense.

I really like the look of the Sony a6000, but seams like these have a few challenges for good quality digiscoping?

Thoughts??

colonel00

WKR
What other photos are you going to take with the camera and what do you plan to do with the photos after they are taken? I ask because this will have a lot to do with what camera is best for you. Honestly, I'd scour ebay and see if you could find an older phone and use it as a camera/gps/ebook/music player. Next I'd look at a Point and Shoot camera. Something small that you will still carry with you and will take good photos.