Self video guys I have a few questions

What video camera are you all carrying into the back country to film with I've been looking at some of the smaller panasonic ones like the
4K Ultra HD Camcorder with WiFi Twin Camera and 4K Photo Features for Highest Picture Quality HC-VX981K. What do you all use?

I've been lugging around my bulky (for backcountry) Canon XA20 the last couple years. I've been really considering going with a mirrorless Sony A7Sii to serve dual purpose (photo and video).

OP
V
I've been lugging around my bulky (for backcountry) Canon XA20 the last couple years. I've been really considering going with a mirrorless Sony A7Sii to serve dual purpose (photo and video).

That's kind of what I'm looking to do also but I want to take pics with the video camera

I have a Sony a6000 i just bought that i am planning to take with me this year. Last year i took a cheaper camera and it got left in the pack until our first trip back to the truck, then i left it there. I ended up taking pictures with my phone, which are not great quality. i want the ability to blow some of the pictures up so i stepped up to the sony.

This year i am gearing up to take the sony and have it available for pictures more easily and also use it for video if the situation arises. Its not an easy setup to "self film" with, but i will be filming my buddy, or him filming me for the most part. My canon G20 is much easier for videoing hunts, and I use it for whitetail quite a bit, but Im not carrying both around out west so the Sony will have to do double duty.

Whatever camera you get make sure you have a handy way of carrying it, so it actually gets used. Out of sight, out of mind is a real thing when your hiking around out there.

OP
V
I have a Sony a6000 i just bought that i am planning to take with me this year. Last year i took a cheaper camera and it got left in the pack until our first trip back to the truck, then i left it there. I ended up taking pictures with my phone, which are not great quality. i want the ability to blow some of the pictures up so i stepped up to the sony.

This year i am gearing up to take the sony and have it available for pictures more easily and also use it for video if the situation arises. Its not an easy setup to "self film" with, but i will be filming my buddy, or him filming me for the most part. My canon G20 is much easier for videoing hunts, and I use it for whitetail quite a bit, but Im not carrying both around out west so the Sony will have to do double duty.

Whatever camera you get make sure you have a handy way of carrying it, so it actually gets used. Out of sight, out of mind is a real thing when your hiking around out there.

What are you rigging your Sony up with

What are you rigging your Sony up with

For keeping it handy I'm planing to use a peak capture clip on my kifaru belt. I did a 5 mile hike with it this weekend and it holds the camera nice and tight even with my larger 18-105 lens. For storage in my pack (at night or steep terrain) I'm gonna throw it in a neoprene sleeve in the guide lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk