Need digiscoping help fast...please....lol

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so mule deer season is approaching and I will start going scouting here next weekend. I bought a new Razor 27-60x85 spotter and thought I was pretty well ready. Thinking I was ready to go my buddy piped up today and asked if I had everything I needed to do some digiscoping when we go scouting???
Well honestly I had not even thought about it....:rolleyes: SO now I want to get setup by next weekend if at all possible.
My question is this..........whats the best small and affordable route I can go to start out? I already have a pretty good scope, so camera and adapter is all I really need I think.
Just looking for a descent point and shoot that is small and light and a descent mount. Looks like a lot of people like the Canon G9X? Thats a little more than I would like to spend if there is a suitable option out there for less money, IF NOT, I will just get the G9X and be done with it.........Thanks for the help.

Daniel_M

WKR
If you have a smartphone, pick up the PhoneSkope. If I didnt have an I7 with a non-compatible Lifeproof, I'd be using one myself. Not sure how well the Canon zoom lens works scoping, but the Olympus TG series is my go to with the wide angle F2.0

twall13

WKR
Navagrade makes an adapter that you can use with any phone so it will last beyond your current phone model. Rokslide did a review on it not too long ago.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
Not really looking to do the smartphone thing. Thanks for the info though anyways. My apple is HORRID in the cold and doesn't do well at all. Im not looking to put up with that thing while trying to take pics and videos and such.

twall13

WKR
You can get a Novagrade adapter for cameras as well. Are you wanting to purchase a camera as well? If so what's your background? Are you a point and shoot camera guy? Mirrorless? DSLR?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
haha....Im a "don't have a clue at all" kinda guy. I would say more than likely just a point and shoot. Although now that so many are saying smart phone. I am thinking about just getting a new smartphone and phone scope. I am running an iPhone 6 now and its getting a little long in the tooth.
Whats the best I phone to run.....Iphone7? Thanks?

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could use the smart phone, novagrade, and just carry a Dark Energy Poseidon charger. Good to go. I have a short review coming on the Novagrade/smartphone/ranger app.

ssliger

WKR
I am 22 and balling on a budget! I would be interested in seeing how you did this.

3fab41921a0d4b769291924336540379.jpg

Here is mine. Just too easy, took my camera and eyepiece into Ace Hardware and went to the pvc plumbing aisle and matched things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk