What body?

This might be too open to give a good answer but I was wondering what the top 5 or so dslr camera bodies I should be looking at.
I've filmed a lot of low-decent quality footage over the past decade, most recently with a Sony handi cam type camcorder, canon point and shoot/digiscoping setup, GoPro 2 and 4. It's about time to step it up. But I have no idea where to start looking. Thinking canon or Sony but that's only because those are the ones I hear come up most often.
So let's hear it .... pluses and minuses
Sorry if there is in another thread already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give the Olympus OMD EM1 MkII a serious look. I've been using one for the last 6 months and it's fantastic.

I've been using Olympus cameras for a while now so they are most certainly what I prefer.

This might be too open to give a good answer but I was wondering what the top 5 or so dslr camera bodies I should be looking at.
I've filmed a lot of low-decent quality footage over the past decade, most recently with a Sony handi cam type camcorder, canon point and shoot/digiscoping setup, GoPro 2 and 4. It's about time to step it up. But I have no idea where to start looking. Thinking canon or Sony but that's only because those are the ones I hear come up most often.
So let's hear it .... pluses and minuses
Sorry if there is in another thread already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much are you looking to spend?
big range in there if your talking just body you could be from 500 to 5K plus. Add lenses and 10K+ would be pretty easy to do depending on what your looking for.

The OMD mentioned by wilder is an AMAZING Stills camera. Would not be my first choice for a video rig if that is what you mainly do though.

dah605

Lil-Rokslider
The Sony's a great for low light and there is no noise since they are mirrorless. You can start with an A6000 body and start to accumulate lenses and then upgrade the body in future. I started with an A6300 with the kit lense (16-50 APS-C) and added the 24-240 (full frame). I'm now looking for a fast prime.

I think I've only take a couple of pictures with the flash. I used a Canon video camera and the A6300 side-by-side for some low light video and the Canon was basically a waste of time. Looked ok on the screen, but way too dark on the computer. The Sony video was excellent on the screen and on the computer.

Just my 2 cents worth...

-David