Next step from smart phone/ TG4?

Muttly

WKR
My wife has gotten into photography over the last couple years, at this point, she does a lot with the phone, cause she always has it, and an Olympus TG 4.
Looking to move forward, with more lens reach, photo quality and whatnot.
I,m your typical well intentioned cave man in this regard, so thought I,d ask questions.
We live in SE Alaska, so it seems like a weather sealed camera SHOULD be a good idea, but when I was a young guy, a mullet seemed like a good idea..

Three cameras keep getting my attention, a Panasonic Lumix FZ 300,.a weather sealed bridge camera with a decent zoom , wifi, and whatnot...
The Olympus OMD,s.... The mk 5 has most of the goodies that I think she would be looking for, but expensive.. Think I might be able to get into the body and a decent lens for 1000-1200 bucks-ish...

The mk 10, most of what I,m looking for, but not weather sealed... Should be able to get that one up and running for 5-6-700 bucks... The Panasonic, right around 500 bucks... Big part of the 3/4 size cameras is the probability of smaller, lighter camera..

Also wonder if I,m over thinking it, if I would be better off running the middle ground, get the Olympus OMD mk 10, a peak design shell for it, and figure out which lenses to run with??

Open to ideas and suggestions, I need all the help I can get...

dotman

WKR
Gift card and let her decide, do you want her asking her girlfriends what rifle to buy you? 😜

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just got my TG5 and am having a blast with it. Great little camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk