Recc camera carry system for hunt

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Canon 60d mk2 with a 60-135 (I think) lens. How do y'all carry your cameras on hunts to keep it easy to access?

I've looked at the peak designs capture clip and like the concept just want to check with y'all first. Does it get in the way of bowhunting if a shot comes up?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

worx53

WKR
I can shoot with the clip and a GoPro attached to it but not my camera clipped in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

idcuda

WKR
You can put the peak design clip on your pack belt or shoulder strap (or any other strap). You should be able to find a spot that is compatible to shooting.

OP
S

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered the capture pro to try out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
I like mine but I do find it kinda bulky on my shoulder strap at times. I swore last year I was going to make a way to attach it to my Kifaru belt but I haven't gotten to it yet. Ideally, I'd like to actually make a pocket that would have a little protection and then have a way to mount the Capture Clip inside the pocket. My only other gripe with the Capture Clip is it can dig into my arm and chest if my shoulder straps are pulled in tight. Not the worst but annoying. I'll still use it quite a bit but after the recent packraft rondy, I'm seriously considering shelving the DSLR on longer, more mobile trips. That or carry the P&S for on the go shots and have the DSLR in my lid/pack for when I'm actually ready to take photos.

dotman

WKR
I like mine but I do find it kinda bulky on my shoulder strap at times. I swore last year I was going to make a way to attach it to my Kifaru belt but I haven't gotten to it yet. Ideally, I'd like to actually make a pocket that would have a little protection and then have a way to mount the Capture Clip inside the pocket. My only other gripe with the Capture Clip is it can dig into my arm and chest if my shoulder straps are pulled in tight. Not the worst but annoying. I'll still use it quite a bit but after the recent packraft rondy, I'm seriously considering shelving the DSLR on longer, more mobile trips. That or carry the P&S for on the go shots and have the DSLR in my lid/pack for when I'm actually ready to take photos.

Or go mirrorless and save weight/bulk 😏