phone scope or Swaro PA I6 w adapter for digiscoping?

Davebuech

WKR
I recently (Today....thanks Bellboy) acquired an ATS 65 and am looking to purchase a digiscoping set up for it.

Swaro makes one with their adapter rings (costs a Swaro-ton) and I was looking at the Phone Skope iPhone 6 Universal U-2 kit, which is a lot less expensive. Anyone try either of these? Opinions?

Are there other options I may have overlooked? Any recommendations from you seasoned spotter users?

Also looking to pick up a pan head for my Slik Tripod. Any recommendations that don't cost Swaro/Outdoorsman's money?

Thanks

Dave

LaHunter

WKR
I'm still in the researching part of this decision as well. It seems like it depends on what quality of photos you are looking the capture. Using a phone, I think you will be limited on the quality of your digiscoping photos. If you google search digidapter digiscoping adapter, you will find lots of high praise for this product on the birding forums. Birders are serious digiscopers. I am considering getting one of these for my Swaro sts 65 / sony a6300 combo.

Good Luck

dotman

WKR
Checkout the novagrade, it works on any phone so you will not have to buy new items as you get new phones or even if you get a new spotter down the road.