Nikon Fieldscope ED III digiscoping?

Bowtech1

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up an ed III 60mm with the MCII 20-60 zoom. Does anybody have any experience digiscoping with this setup? I've been looking around and not liking what I'm seeing, the Nikon adapters seem to be very expensive and hard to come by. Seems a lot easier if I were to get one of the fixed power wide angle eye pieces. Just curious if anyone knows of a universal adapter or a home made method to digiscope with the MCII eyepiece. Thank you!

I went with the tines up adapter. Had to email them my eye piece dimensions as it is not listed on their website. Works like a champ on a little Canon Elph

TU Gear | Tines Up

OP
Bowtech1

Bowtech1

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you Darin, do you happen to have the dimensions for it still? Scope isn't here yet and I would like to order soon! And that was the MCII eyepiece right?

Last edited:
Not sure about the eyepiece as there are no markings on it outside of Nikon, Made in Japan and 20-60x. I looked at my tines up and there isn't a size listed. I've had it for a couple years but recall emailing them with my scope make and model and they were able to size it. If you hit a dead end let me know and I'll bring home my caliper from work and give you the dimensions of everything.

oenanthe

WKR
I believe the only zoom eyepieces for the Fieldscopes are the MCI and MCII. If yours is 20-60X on the EDIII then it has to be an MCII. MCI is much smaller and is 20-45X on the EDIII.