TU Adapter & Canon G7

As the title says will the self mount TU scope cam kit work for the canon g7? From what I can tell from my research it will be questionable? Jordan Budd has posted about using the exact same setup? Just askin if it will work for the camera or is their something I'm missing?

Thanks

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
As the title says will the self mount TU scope cam kit work for the canon g7? From what I can tell from my research it will be questionable? Jordan Budd has posted about using the exact same setup? Just askin if it will work for the camera or is their something I'm missing?

Thanks

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. It's slightly questionable but it can be done. I bought the TU kit for the g9x, then bought an additional base plate for the g9x. Then you glue the two base plates together stacked on top of each other, and glue that to the camera. Otherwise with one base plate the lens body retracting out hits the adapter. But if you double up it works perfect. It's a little crazy looking at first, but once it's all set up it's an awesome rig.