Beginner, A6000?

Gonewest

WKR
Would a Sony A6000 be decent camera to try and film hunts with? The last couple of years we have started filming parts of our hunts with our phones. I love going back and watching/showing to family and friends. Just looking for something to do it better. I want to use it for still photos too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
It's a GREAT option. This camera focuses so fast. It has continuous AF in video, even as you zoom the lens. Traditional looking digital SLR's can't do that. It is also small and takes amazing stills. Terrific low light images. Sony just started a $300 instant savings on the 2 lens kit that gives an 18-55 and 55-210 zoom lenses.
As always we do the right thing for members of Rokslide

Give me a call. I am in today from now thru 6:00 and everyday through Christmas

Would a Sony A6000 be decent camera to try and film hunts with? The last couple of years we have started filming parts of our hunts with our phones. I love going back and watching/showing to family and friends. Just looking for something to do it better. I want to use it for still photos too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a like new Sony a5000 body for sale. It's taken fantastic photos and great videos.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have an a6000 and I love it. I have both kit lenses, a 50mm f1.8, and a 28mm f2. For me it has been a great setup.

So what are those lens sizes?
Is the f1.8 the smaller wider angle and the f2 the zoom lens?
What are they comparable to in MM sizes?

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
So what are those lens sizes?
Is the f1.8 the smaller wider angle and the f2 the zoom lens?
What are they comparable to in MM sizes?[/QUOTE

The size of the lens (50 mm and 28 mm) are your focus lengths 28mm being a wider angle lens than the 50mm. The F numbers (1.8 and 2.0) are the aperture numbers and lens speed. On the a6000 the lens sizes are given comparable 35mm camera equivalents my 50mm lens has more like a 75mm and my 28mm is a 42mm. I find myself using the wider 28mm lens more than any of them. There is too much info to post a an answer to a forum question, but feel free to pm me for more info and remember that google is a powerful tool.