dslr

Hi
For amazing results, compact and easy the Sony RX100 series is fantastic. It has a 1" sensor. Not as big as an SLR but MUCH bigger then any normal point and shoot including the big zoom "bridge" cameras. Plus it features Zeiss glass and fast lens openings
Give me a call if you want to discuss. I am here pretty much every day, all day until Christmas

OP
mfllood3800
Panosonic lumix G7

I realized I would rather be interested in a vlog type camera than full on dslr, not that I am into doing vlogs, but rather their options and inclusions.
Any first hand experience on these?

Panosonic lumix G7

I realized I would rather be interested in a vlog type camera than full on dslr, not that I am into doing vlogs, but rather their options and inclusions.
Any first hand experience on these?

You should at least step into the G85 or GX85 if your looking for something smaller as it has IBIS. Which makes a huge deal in regards to video, unless your going to run a gimbal. Its 4k as well if that is your thing. Has a Flippy screen and there is no shortage of lenses available in the micro 4/3 universe.

I dont have any experience with the 2 mentioned above, but have used a gh5 briefly for a work thing. its pretty dang sweet, and apparently ALOT of people who video content, especially outdoor documentary use them as their B cameras if not their main camera set.

OP
mfllood3800
Yep looks like the G85 is the only decent set up with the 3 requirements I have
-stabilization
-flip screen
-ext mic port

But now I am back near a grand.
Might have to sacrifice one of the 3 requirements
lol

OP
mfllood3800
My friend told me he uses a Canon vixia.
I looked that up and it seems like a good little entry level vlog type camera, for self filmed hunts for only $200.
It has all 3 of my criteria boxes checked- any one have any experience with these?

young7.3

WKR
My friend told me he uses a Canon vixia.
I looked that up and it seems like a good little entry level vlog type camera, for self filmed hunts for only $200.
It has all 3 of my criteria boxes checked- any one have any experience with these?

I’ve been running the vixia hf r500 for a couple years now and it's a nice little camera. 32x zoom. This model has a mic jack, but it won't power the microphone, which I learned the hard way. It takes great video when there is plenty of light but leaves a lot to be desired in low light conditions. Picture gets super grainy. Batteries last around 2 hours and can be bought on Amazon for cheap ($15). Says it has an optical image stabilizer...I guess it's always on???
Overall a decent handheld that weighs 12.2 Oz. Having said all that I'll be upgrading next year to something along the lines of what the Born and Raised guys were videos their hunts with.
Here's a link to my YouTube page. Most the videos were shot with the Vixia.
Your browser is deprecated. Please upgrade.
- YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
I’ve been running the vixia hf r500 for a couple years now and it's a nice little camera. 32x zoom. This model has a mic jack, but it won't power the microphone, which I learned the hard way. It takes great video when there is plenty of light but leaves a lot to be desired in low light conditions. Picture gets super grainy. Batteries last around 2 hours and can be bought on Amazon for cheap ($15). Says it has an optical image stabilizer...I guess it's always on???
Overall a decent handheld that weighs 12.2 Oz. Having said all that I'll be upgrading next year to something along the lines of what the Born and Raised guys were videos their hunts with.
Here's a link to my YouTube page. Most the videos were shot with the Vixia.
Your browser is deprecated. Please upgrade.
- YouTube

Then what is that mic jack for?
Or do I simply need a power supply for a mic, like running powered speakers with an AMP type set up?

young7.3

WKR
You'll need a mic with its own power supply.