Camera HELP, olympus TG5/TG4 or Canon G9X

BillyGoatGruff

Lil-Rokslider
Need a new scope cam. I can get any of these cameras to work with my Novagrade setup. They all cost about the same. The TG's take a little less work and only require a step down ring. The Canon I'll need a Tines up ring and an extension tube. Sourced all that and not a big deal.

So which camera would be better for digi scoping? I am not a photographer by any means. My main use will be for taking pics and video of game I'm chasing/scouting. Basically a hunting/scouting, harvest pics tool. obliviously better pics/vids will be easier to review later.
Both have the ability to operate with a phone via wifi app. Although I'm not familiar with these apps.

I know nothing about cameras , except that they take pictures...LOL

I'm sure there are fellow Rokslider's using these cameras. I'd like to hear your personal experiences with them.

Thanks, BGG

Canon G9X has a great sensor and interface, I would lean that way. That or an RX100 III or better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BillyGoatGruff

BillyGoatGruff

Lil-Rokslider
Canon G9X has a great sensor and interface, I would lean that way. That or an RX100 III or better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I was leaning towards the G9X then came across the TG's on Novagrade's website and got me comparing.

Thanks, BGG

The G9X will give you a better image. Ultimately it depends on what you are doing with the image. If they will be on your computer then it's not as important. If you plan on printing them out then you are better off with the better camera. I also agree with Billygoatgruff, if you can use the Sony RX100III then that is the best choice.
Keep in mind we can help you out once you make your decision

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plus one on the Canon G9x. Just in general I've found that the Canon interfaces are much easier to use over many other brands menu systems. That little G9x has proven itself in the backcountry and I think you'd really like it. I have a Canon G7xii which is super similar to the 9, I was going to go the Sony RX100 route, but since tinesup made a digiscope kit just for the canon I went that way instead.