One digiscope adapter for all optics and phones - Phoneskope Universal

dotman

WKR
Being an individual that works in the wireless telecom business, I get the opportunity to get new phones somewhat annually. I recently upgraded from the iPhone 7 to the new iPhone X and changed out all my optics for this coming year as well. Most of my digiscoping tools did not work with this change in phone and optics, which really drove me to the point of almost just not get anything as it gets expensive if you have to keep upgrading these items.

I was digging around on PhoneSkopes website looking at the options I would need for my new phone and optics and really wasn’t liking the idea of having to once again spend all the money on optic specific and phone specific adapters. But then I found exactly what I was looking for in an affordable package! The Universal case and U2 optic adapter. I didn’t even realize they offered this option!

I went ahead and snagged them 😀, while I haven’t had a lot of time to mess around and I’m still waiting on Leica to get new inventory and replace my bino, the specs of the U2 (1.70 - 2.22”) are within the range of my bino and spotter. I’ll add to this thread throughout the year as I get more time with this setup but it really is pretty simple and user friendly, it also isn’t extremely bulky or heavy of a setup and easily can be changed to fit different phones or optics. They also make a U1 optic adapter for the smaller binos but it’s too small for anything I have.

For less then $90 we now have a light weight/affordable option that does not need to be replaced when we change our phones or optics.

When making your phone and optic selection just select Universal for both.

Electronic Device Selection | Phone Skope

Last edited by a moderator:

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was curious about that one but just ended up picking up a novagrade for the same reason. Interested to see your thoughts though.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Hope your U2 adapter lasts longer than mine did. Five minutes out of the box and it was junk. Won’t tighten down without the inner legs collapsing. Not bad mouthing Phoneskope but it surely didn’t impress me. Sent it back over a week ago and still no word on a refund. Hope it works for you! I’m kinda bummed about mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I've always stopped myself from ordering digi stuff for the reason that I felt like the second I bought one id switch gear and it wouldn't work. Now I'm debating it.....

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Keep us posted Tim. I saw one of the universal's at Expo and it seems like a great concept if it's durable, let us know.

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
Others might look into Glass it Up. Very simple option and very inexpensive. It has been working pretty well for me for the past year.

Others might look into Glass it Up. Very simple option and very inexpensive. It has been working pretty well for me for the past year.

I like their prices! I might order one and see how it does. Thanks for posting that.

OP
D

dotman

WKR

Yeah I’ve looked at that brand but I didn’t want to have a setup I have to dedicate to a single phone. This system you still have to stick to a phone case so no using multiple phones without having to use a new adhesive strip and then you can’t use others phones in the field such as a buddies. This is similar to the Outdoorsmans setup I had, downfall is you can’t tighten this type of system and it just rests over the eyepiece and the weight of the phone can take you off center.

I like that the phoneskope U2 actually clamps down and is secure.

I have had mine for about 4 or 5 months. So far it works good. I have not had any issues with it not tightening up.
I used it on a few hunts, and switched between swaro 80, 65 .

I also had the Novagrade set up and comparing the 2 side by side the win goes to PhoneSkope.

It doesn't wander around causing continuous adjusting to phone on optic.
The eye piece always lines up quickly.

Though the Novagrade is built way beefier, there is a weight penatly for that
The PhoneSkope is much lighter
It is also a bit smaller and easier to pack around

I was glad to hear of the adjustable piece, and as a result I sold my NG after trying both.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I was wondering what a comparison between the two would be like, so far I’m happy I went with the phone skope.

Hope your U2 adapter lasts longer than mine did. Five minutes out of the box and it was junk. Won’t tighten down without the inner legs collapsing. Not bad mouthing Phoneskope but it surely didn’t impress me. Sent it back over a week ago and still no word on a refund. Hope it works for you! I’m kinda bummed about mine

I'm so sorry the U2 broke within minutes of receiving it. That adapter is actually covered under our Lifetime Warranty, so I'm happy to replace it at no charge. I'm not entirely sure how the forum here works, but I'll send you a message. You can also email me at anytime ([email protected]). Thanks for the support! - Tim Schreckengost, COO

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the universal phone mount with the adapter for my STX. After reading this thread I wasn't sure about the universal adapters durability. I figured I would get the universal phone mount so at least that part doesn't have to be replaced if i get a new phone, then I would just have to replace the adapter if i changed spotters or wanted it for my binos too.
I ordered today and it already shipped out.

i have been wanting to check this out as well since i frequently go back from droid to iphone. Please share some pictures when you get the chance.

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider

This exact same thing happened on my u2 mount. I picked up one up on my way out of town as I was going on a 10 day archery hunt and planned to use it thru the entire trip to document some of the awesome animals I planned to see. First day, first hour of the hunt I saw a bachelor group of mule deer with two awesome bucks and went to setup up the phone skope and as I went to snug the u2 mount down one of the three supports gave out with little pressure on it. When I pulled it off to inspect, the support fell out of the u2 mount and never worked again. I did return it for another but it looks like I’ll need to get the universal case now that I have a new iPhone lol.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well these failings are good for PhoneSkope to know. Thanks for the feedback.

I know they will replace that stuff within a reasonable amount of time if you get a hold of them. Make sure they know you’re a Rokslider, they are a sponsor here.