Sony a6500

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
I need some confirmation that this is a great camera for all around use as a still/video camera at the current price point.

This will be the first camera I have bought in a long time, (currently own an Olympus Stylus 1050 SW) and I really need an upgrade. I will use the a6500 for mainly wildlife and landscape photography and video but occasionally through some travel and very rarely use it for portraits.

If you can add what your most important lens, I would appreciate it.

This will be a stepping stone (B roll) camera for a full frame later; and many thanks for confirming what I think I already knew.

TravKatQ

WKR
Also looking into this camera as well and am interested in the recommendations...I’ll be using mine mainly for filming my hunts so I’d love to hear what people’s setups are for filming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cochran53

FNG
I don't have the a6500, but I have an a6000. I've done a ton of research on the a6500 and it seems like a really good place to start for what you are looking to do. It's got IBIS, 11 FPS for wildlife/sports, 4k video, 1080p at 120 fps (i think) for super slow motion, etc... It's a really good place to start if you want to get into the Sony systems. Like you, i started small with the sony crop censor, but I wish I would have just bought the a6500 instead of the a6000. There is a significant price difference, but if you want to do video, it is worth it. You also have a lot more lens options now than before. Sigma actually just announced Emount lenses, so more and more 3rd party options will be available.

As for real world performance, I know Jordan has posted information about it.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
As for real world performance, I know Jordan has posted information about it.

I have seen that she uses one as a backup and b roll to her a7sii, but haven't seen a full hands on review. Would like to see some video reviews from pro staffers on some other gear outside of what the wear, ie camping, cooking, photography.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
The a6500 is right in my range for getting into photography so I will post my review after turkey season and a trip to the grand canyon.

As always give me a call and we will do the best we can for you
Look forward to hearing from you
Joel

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have seen that she uses one as a backup and b roll to her a7sii, but haven't seen a full hands on review. Would like to see some video reviews from pro staffers on some other gear outside of what the wear, ie camping, cooking, photography.
Born and Raised outdoors filmed their entire Land of the Free series with A6500s. Need anymore recommendations? Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
See the new Sony a7 III? Available in April. Might be worth a few more $$(?)

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
A LOT more dollars.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just pre-ordered the Sony A7III with kit lens from Joel today. Joel treated me right with the pricing, so the price difference wasn't too crazy. Should have it just in time for some turkey hunts.

Dual memory card slots, reported way better battery performance, faster auto focus and other features borrowed from the a9. All reviews so far are very positive...we'll see.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just pre-ordered the Sony A7III with kit lens from Joel today. Joel treated me right with the pricing, so the price difference wasn't too crazy. Should have it just in time for some turkey hunts.

Dual memory card slots, reported way better battery performance, faster auto focus and other features borrowed from the a9. All reviews so far are very positive...we'll see.
Weather SEALED, not just weather resistant anymore either. Lots of people overlook that on the A7iii. Full frame has it's definite benefits. I'm looking forward to it.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Your inbox is full. Tried messaging you with some questions on which package you went with.