Packing camera

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
Attention fly fishers, I need your help.
Looking for ideas on how to pack my camera with one extra lens and minimal extras (battery, cleaning kit, cards) not in a typical camera bag with padding and dividers, but something more like a sling pack for fly fishing.

Preferably something waterproof or at least water resistant, and possibly able to store a small case of flies, forceps, extra reel.

I have Sony a6500 if that makes a difference.

jmz82

FNG
I have a lowepro slingshot 200 that would be big for you but probably one of their smaller slingshots would work. I bought it when I still had a DSLR, I have an a6300 now and I can fit all my camera stuff plus much more in it. A6300 w/ lens, 200m lens, another short lens, cleaning stuff, lens hood, batteries, cables, etc with room to spare.

I just noticed you said a bag without padding, this is a camera bag but I don't see why you couldn't use it for both.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
I have a lowepro slingshot 200 that would be big for you but probably one of their smaller slingshots would work. I bought it when I still had a DSLR, I have an a6300 now and I can fit all my camera stuff plus much more in it. A6300 w/ lens, 200m lens, another short lens, cleaning stuff, lens hood, batteries, cables, etc with room to spare.

I just noticed you said a bag without padding, this is a camera bag but I don't see why you couldn't use it for both.

Thanks. I will take a look at it. I have found a mindshift sling that will be great since I posted.

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Tenba as well. They have inserts you can put your camera and lenses into, that will then go into whatever other bag you have, depending on size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I can fit my Sony A6000, Sigma 30mm, Samyang 12mm, extra batteries and digiscoping gear in my AGC bino case.

cochran53

FNG
I have the a6000, and my "camera bag" is actually a Topo designs field bag. I have the one that they designed with Howler brothers as a small fly fishing hip pack with the waterproof bottom. I typically carry my camera in that with some fly boxes and other fly fishing necessities when i go out.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
The sling I purchased from Mindshift was perfect. It is comfortable to wear by itself and gives easy access to all compartments. There was plenty of room for camera, lenses, and GoPro gear. It won't be my forever bag, but it definitely fits my needs.