About to buy outdoorsmans digiscope setup. Any thoughts for/against?

TheCougar

WKR
I’m about to pull the trigger on the outdoorsmans digiscope setup. I’m only using my iPhone for digiscoping. I’ve considered Novagrade, Phoneskope, and outdoorsmans. I’ve read positive and negative reviews from the novagrade and phoneskope (heavy/bulky/expensive ($149+$23 for small rings for binos) and cheap/flimsy/vignette, respectively). I’ve settled on the outdoorsmans because there don’t seem to be any downsides to it... any thoughts or strong feelings on it? I have zero experience here.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine and have adaptors for both my binos and spotting scope. I have also gotten a new phone since I bought it, new piece of double stick tape not he new case and your good to go.

xl mammal

FNG
If I understand correctly, you have a dedicated iPhone for digiscoping? If so, I don't really see any negatives to the Outdoosmans. The threading is fine, so be sure not to cross-thread.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Nope, no dedicated iPhone. I’ll just use my iPhone with a cheapo case with the attachment on it for hunting.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Anyone know what the outdoorsmans stuff weights for the adaptor and a couple of rings?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know what the outdoorsmans stuff weights for the adaptor and a couple of rings?

Hmmm I'm not sure weight wise but there's hardly anything to them. Not as heavy as the tines up adapter in my experience. I really like my outdoorsmans.

Broz

WKR
How does the Outdoorsman's attach to the phone case? Do you use your own case? Can it be removed easily when you are not wanting to use the it?

I have always used PhoneSkope, but their case for my new phone (MOTO Z 2 Play) just doesnt cut it for me. So I guess I am looking at options.

Thanks
Jeff

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
How does the Outdoorsman's attach to the phone case? Do you use your own case? Can it be removed easily when you are not wanting to use the it?

I have always used PhoneSkope, but their case for my new phone (MOTO Z 2 Play) just doesnt cut it for me. So I guess I am looking at options.

Thanks
Jeff

It attaches to the case via double stick tape. I would suggest a 2nd case vs having the mount attached to your phone everyday.